How long after build to arrive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The truck I ordered right after the July 4 was built last week and is sitting at the factory. I know there is a shortage of rail cars and transports right now in the auto industry. If you ordered one and followed it how long was the delivery time after build?

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine was built 6/26 and delivered 7/12. I considered that pretty fast as it went from MI to WA.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered 7 weeks ago. Statue is still "waiting for parts" to schedule build. Laramie with Ramboxes.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Neighbor waiting now 6 weeks for her Laramie with Ramboxes. Same notice. Dealer some options like the Ramboxes are taking 8+ weeks. Also rail car issue is delaying delivery's.

OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Mine has been built for about 10 days. I did not order the ram boxes or E torque because at the time I knew there was a delay.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
According to my dealer, the incentives are only going to improve here forward so a little delay may reward you with a lower price?

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
Ordered 5/22 and arrived at dealer on 7/31 - 2500 Laramie Diesel. Diesels usually take 8 - 10 weeks. Congrats on your order.

JimmyJimJim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered my Longhorn with E-torque, Ram Boxes and 22’s back on July 10th...haven’t heard a peep from anybody. Is there a web-site to check on the updates on the build?

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered my Longhorn with E-torque, Ram Boxes and 22’s back on July 10th...haven’t heard a peep from anybody. Is there a web-site to check on the updates on the build?

FWIW, when I built one at the dealership (two different dealerships), the Ram box line was highlighted yellow, ie, would cause a delay in production. The one dealer was surprised and remarked that he didn’t know that etorque was not yellow anymore.

This is a website where you are suppose to be able to track your order.

https://www.dodge.com/en/mobile/vots/index.html

It doesn’t work for me yet, I just get a spinning dial like it’s thinking. I’m not surprised though for me, I just ordered a couple days ago.

jrmitt808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
called the dealership and they said its in "Paint" anyone know how much longer? I mean I ordered this on July 24th so not expecting a short turnaround. Do you all think this is fast? The salesmen said it should be here in around 2 weeks. I am skeptical on that timeline.

OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
It sat built for 2 weeks but is finally on the train heading west. The dealer tells me they are still having problems getting vehicles out of the Montana Hub so I should expect another couple of weeks for it to make it to Idaho.

MattF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
It sat built for 2 weeks but is finally on the train heading west. The dealer tells me they are still having problems getting vehicles out of the Montana Hub so I should expect another couple of weeks for it to make it to Idaho.

How did you track your build?

Thanks

Matt

Bam2880

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know if the builds are still taking as long?

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am 9 weeks into my order and just got this email in response to status:

Congratulations! We are excited you have chosen the 2019 All-New Ram 1500 and want to welcome you to the Ram Truck Family. We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Ram Truck and I am here to assist you. Please know that the all-new Ram 1500 production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on your unique, specific configuration. With production ramp up and strong demand for the all-new Ram 1500, we are experiencing longer than usual order to delivery times. Due to this, there are delays with the RamBox Cargo Management System. We are working to expedite your order as quickly as possible. I will continue to track the status of your 2019 Ram 1500 order & will provide email updates as they become available. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

The further I get into the process the less information I have been getting. The first email was actually about my truck.

JimmyJimJim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered my Ram 1500 Longhorn with RamBoxes and 22 Inch tires back on July 10th. I called the service number and was told my truck was put on a train from Texas yesterday and is on its way up to New York. From there, it will be trucked from New York to Hartford by truck. They couldn’t tell me how long the train ride and truck ride would take. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good deal, hopefully the train ride wont take too long. I think I will call tomorrow and see if i can get an actual status rather than the form letter email.

OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Mine showed up on the dealer website after it had been built as a truck in transit and for sale. I have stopped by the dealer a couple of times and they have let me know where it is about when I might get it. After about a week the website showed it a sold. I guess they did not like all the calls wanting it since it is very different truck than what they usually order.