How long after build to arrive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyJimJim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum. Everyone has been awesome and informative on everything. I really, really, really wanted to be part of this Ram family and was excited for a long time. Unfortunately this will be my 15th week waiting for my truck which is still sitting and waiting in Sterling Heights. The customer service rep told me today that there is still no schedualled shipment date and is still in KC status. The shipping from Sterling Heights takes around another 2 weeks so I am looking at least 17 weeks at a minimum. If the truck was in at least in transit, I could have lived with that. Unless my dealer can pull a magic trick out of his hat tomorrow, I will be cancelling my order. Thank you so much everyone for your support and maybe down the road, another opportunity to join your family may pop up...thank you, Jim

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not just go into a dealership lot and get one from their stock. It's not like there is a shortage of RAM trucks.
Maybe I am not picky with color, or really set on a very specific configuration, but I am usually not patient to be waiting this long.
Is there any extra discount to do a custom order? I always thought it was the other way around.

JimmyJimJim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought of that, and I did find one almost identical to what I ordered...minus the tonnue cover and the e-torque engine. I don’t know if the prices have gone up since July 10th, but it was $5000 more after the discounts. I actually test drove a High Country Silverado with a 6.2L engine, 10 speed, cylinder deactivation and a Heads-Up display and was $8000 less than my Ram that I have ordered. I am on everyones’ side with the Ram having the superior interior and it had my heart at first drive but I believe I am going to go with the Chevy.

JimmyJimJim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Ram I ordered would have cost $67,000 for everything including taxes...walk out price. The one I found similar on the dealer lot minus the cover and etorque is $71,000. There are $3000 in discounts Off of the $71,000. Add taxes, and I would be looking at $73,000ish for the similar Ram. The High Country Silverado I found is $59,000 before taxes so I am looking at $63,000 for the Chevy....

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you prefer the RAM, just make the offer to the dealer at the same price you were going to pay, minus the etorque. Actually, screw that, go in there and say you will pay 60 OTD as an offer, see what happens.

71k, wtf are they smoking.

JimmyJimJim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a question. The last 8 numbers/digits on the Vin I ordered back in July is KN634335. The nearly identical truck is sitting in a dealer lot is KN670424. Does this mean that there was 36,479 trucks made in between the 2 trucks?

JimmyJimJim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good news. I cancelled my order which was going on the 15th week and still in Sterling Heights. The dealership was awesome and made my refund/cancelation easy. The next day I headed up to the other dealership and test drove the $71,000 longhorn. This was almost identical to the one I had ordered minus the etorque engine, cover and has the 3.21 ratio. Has the ramboxes, 22in tires, 12in screen and delmonico red. I thought there was no way they would come down as much as they did. They offered me $3000 in rebates and another $7000 in discounts to bring the price down to $61,000 before taxes. No-Brainer and put a deposit down! I will be joining the Ram Family after all and I am crazy excited!

OP
OP
soapy

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Everyone should be able to get at least 10k off most rams. Congrats on your truck

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I know this is a doen deal, but given the current delays in 2021 I will add this, if your order is too slow, and you can now find what you want on your dealers lot or another lot, get the dealer you ordered from to bring that one in and swap him for the one that is already ordered. He gets to sell a truck now, which he likes, and he gets stock a little further down the road that is already ordered.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine

You can put your VIN into this and you will at least know when it is built as the build sheet will come up. I ordered my 2500 Mar 31, it was built about mid May but it took till mid Aug for the shipping to finally get it to my Dealer here in Alberta. Shipping delays seem to be as big a part of the problem as parts shortages.