How long are factory orders taking for 23 models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamOwner313

Reaction score
I am looking to order a 23 Rebel here in the next couple of days and I was wondering how long did you wait for your 22 or 23 truck?

I've been told multiple different time lines and wanted all of your insights.

Thanks,

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
a lot depends on whether you order a 1500 or a Heavy Duty model
1500s are built in Michigan, Heavy Duty models are built in Saltillo Mexico.

Figure at least 3 months for a 1500 to get to Florida

Anything coming out of Mexico, your guess is as good as any bodies, due to shipping times

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Myorder was for a 2500 so it was out of Mexico. The only non-tech item it did not have was a 360 camera and no sunroof. It arrived in Vegas for my pickup on Saturday June 18, the day before Father's Day.

90B7EA47-19AB-4CA5-8C8E-ECD77506C991.jpeg

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I’m going to add one more thought…this was the first time I ever ordered a truck from the factory.

Yes, you will wait for it to show up. Hopefully, interest rates will drop more along with the overall price of the rig. The one thing that I love about the order process is you have EXACTLY the rig you want. Not with too much, or too little, but exactly what YOU wanted.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ordering a truck with only what you want is the way to go and worth the wait. My 2020 was my third truck ordered. (It was 7 weeks from order to delivery. Things have changed!) Good luck. I know the wait is painful but it'll be worth it.

Red

Last edited:

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck was delivered in record time...just 39 days from the order being placed on Jan 12th! It was delivered to my dealer on Feb 20th! I was out of town so couldn't even pick it up until the 23rd...my salesman couldn't believe how fast it was completed.

I could see if it was a bone stock model how it might move quicker but I ordered a 2023 Limited with Night Edition and Limited Level 1 packages, 3.92 gears and Multifunction Tailgate. He thinks it may have just timed out perfectly where they had a very similar dealer order or a customer order that was cancelled so they assign it to me...who knows I just lucked out somehow.

Not sure you should use my experience as a realistic measuring stick but you never know.

1677508596804.png

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
@Ramsteen23 congrats And I like your handle; went to their concert here in LA in Sept - freaking killer show.

I’m starting to see content creators on YouTube show dealer lots overflowing with cars/trucks etc…I’ve said it before when I was nearly taken full advantage of that karma will come to bite those dealerships that could only overcharge.

Congrats again on the rig - enjoy her. I’ve had my 2500 for 9 months and I still get a Cheshire Cat grin every time I drive her.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
A ‘22 1500 Longhorn, ordered 08/05/22, didn’t get it till 01/20/2023! 3 1/2 months till it was built, shipping took a tad over 2 months.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Last year trucks were really hard to find. I did not trust any dealer to order one. I went to Dave Smith in Idaho. They had 40 trucks to chose from. They had VIN numbers, so the trucks already existed. I just had to wait for them to be shipped by rail to Idaho. That took about a month. I took a one way flight to Spokane and they met me at the airport with their shuttle. Picked up the truck in Couer D'Alene. i would do it again.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Ramsteen23 congrats And I like your handle; went to their concert here in LA in Sept - freaking killer show.

I’m starting to see content creators on YouTube show dealer lots overflowing with cars/trucks etc…I’ve said it before when I was nearly taken full advantage of that karma will come to bite those dealerships that could only overcharge.

Congrats again on the rig - enjoy her. I’ve had my 2500 for 9 months and I still get a Cheshire Cat grin every time I drive her.
@KoboldTaco thanks, enjoying every time I get behind the wheel that's for sure. I don't take it for granted that I am very fortunate to be able to own a new truck. Good luck with yours by the way...looks like a sweet big rig you got there.

Agreed, Rammstein knows how to rip it up...they played a town over from me last summer but I was away on vacation. I heard they put on a great show, they are a true modern day heavy metal band :rocking:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock