How Long is it Taking Now For a '23 Custom Built HD to Be Delivered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Doesn't it take longer for the HD trucks to come on rail out of Mexico than the U.S. built 1500s from Michigan? "Pure Michigan" that is.
Mine took 9 weeks after it crossed the US/MX border to reach the dealership with 3 of the 9 weeks sitting in the rail yard waiting to be unloaded, once released it was a short 75 mile trip to dealer....

PhunnyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Update: New truck shipped April 9th. Haven't heard from the dealership yet, but I'm expecting that any day now. Quick recap - Ordered on March 7th. Went into production on the 15th, completed on the 16th of March and shipped on April 9th. Pictures coming this week (he says hoping it wasn't on a train that derailed in SW BFE....). ;-)

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Update: New truck shipped April 9th. Haven't heard from the dealership yet, but I'm expecting that any day now. Quick recap - Ordered on March 7th. Went into production on the 15th, completed on the 16th of March and shipped on April 9th. Pictures coming this week (he says hoping it wasn't on a train that derailed in SW BFE....). ;-)

I'm happy with you. I backed on the one I ordered. Felt there were too many unexpected and misrepresented details. One major one was painted bumpers on a 3500 Longhorn. One of the highest trim levels and painted bumpers. Go figure. Maybe there will be some nice redesign for 2024 or 2025 that will get me interested again.

Meanwhile, I still love by 2019 3500 Laramie dually. Looks and still smells like new and only has 17,500 miles on it.

Last edited:

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Mine took just 3 weeks shy of being a year! There were no discounts... in fact they were trying to charge me more than the deal that we had made. Wasn't a pleasant buying experience.