How long since you’ve driven your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I drove mine yesterday, pulled the 5er home, towed a cargo trailer to a job. Still haven’t broke the 5k mark. Close, but not quite.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Use the truck to take trash to the dump and that's about it these days. Only because travel trailer and truck camper are stationary on some land for now. Mustang with 4cyl turbo gets me around 37 on the hwy so I just use that for business appointments.

JimID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 - Limited Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS VVT
I have a Limited, bought July of 2019 and just turned 5k. Still smells of leather. I was offered 3k over what I paid by the same dealer I bought from. I drive my Ram like I used to drive my Corvettes, fair weather only, lol.

Tweeter83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mine is my daily driver, bought it early so it would be paid off before I retired from the military, so now I offset the vehicle payments for the added diesel fuel costs. It still sucks though.

Dannycameo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last Thursday! when I was coming back from the detailer to get the windshield and shield covered in this new Dynoflex Windshield protection that takes rocks and is 99% UV blocker. You can't even tell this stuff is there at all, my buddy's stuff on his brand new Tundra, I can tell it there, just barely, I guess it just depends on the brand.
Every guy I know with a brand new truck has one type or another of windshield protection to keep your Original glass more than 6 months up here. I come from the Jeep world we're changing out your windshield every 2 years just the way it is.
Anyway back to the original question, since Thursday I gotta call from from ram connect as my live traffic services I subscribe to doesn't work it doesn't work and they wanted to do an update over the satellite so at least got to sit in the new truck wow lol. It erased all my settings and back to factory settings and he said he'd call me tomorrow Tuesday to see how it's working now and if the forced updates worked.
And then Wednesday it goes into the dealer, the selling dealer for 2 warranty issues the seat tenting issue with only 1700 miles I've got at least an inch of separation on the driver's seat at least And there's a piece of the dash bent unbelievably, the T just below the knob shifter, it's not something you could do with your knee! I don't know how I didn't notice it, yet It's bent at least half an inch inward.
Yet I guess that is what happens when you pay for a truck before you get to see it!
This baby after it gets back from the dealer she goes in Thursday for the 37" tires tires and if they have time to I'm getting some of my off road lights Wired up And then we head out camping into the East Kootenays In British Columbia for a week in my friends offroad teardrop trailer that we usually pull with our jeeps.
Can't wait to take it on it's first Is mountain trip!
It's a 2022 Power Wagon.
I don't drive it very much except on these trips, I run a few errands here and there in the city, Yet the truck is only 2 months old the last time it sat for 9 days, About 2 weeks ago, when I started it I didn't just get the hemi tick I got a loud knock! I could hear inside the cab with the windows up, Scared the ! out of me! By the time I got the hood open and Figured out What was going and got my phone out To document it, it was gone. Lasted about 3 to 5 minutes. I'm going to mention it also to the dealer when I take it in Wednesday just so it's documented.

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty much once a week since my wife won't let me put the trash/recycle stuff in her new Equinox.

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
Mine has only been out of the Garage once this Month for a short trip around town. Would Like to get the Winterized burned up but at $5.50 a gallon they have ground the economy to a halt.

Would like to know what Farmers are planning this summer to get an idea what the Fall/Winter is going to entail. Think we had all better plant a Garden!!!

chows

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
drive my truck everyday still buying 89 oct. just filled up at $3.71 a gallon

Jtsim89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I drive mine every day getting 24 mpg. I drive a lot of rural roads back and forth to work. I have the 3.6

weyman cannington

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cummins
I drive my truck to take off the trash or when I pull my boat or car hauler.....I've got a jeep wrangler I drive sometimes, but mostly I ride my motorcycle rain or shine....

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Every weekend, wife drives it for work 2-3 days each week.

Jimmitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine turned into a garage queen Sunday driver Rustproofing everything underneath for now. When I do use it I just go on the highway and let the engine reach its normal operating temp then head home and park it back in the garage. Glad I have a backup vehicle that gets 32MPG.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was 2 weeks until today, drove it just to run it. Looking forward to pulling our 5ver for our camping trip over the holiday weekend, filling it up, no so much ;)

OP
OP
M

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
Mine turned into a garage queen Sunday driver Rustproofing everything underneath for now. When I do use it I just go on the highway and let the engine reach its normal operating temp then head home and park it back in the garage. Glad I have a backup vehicle that gets 32MPG.
Mine too, but my backups get into the 40’s, mid 30’s around town.I am thankful for that. I figure the 3500 will be lucky to hit 6k miles this year. It just rolled over the 5k mark yesterday. (I did squeeze a 17mpg out of it via lie o meter)