How many here have the Pedal Commander on their 2019 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just curious as I have mine and am still trying to find that “ sweet spot “ without being over the top lol.3e54288d891d8e80005fb3f259ca7d7b.jpg

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm tempted but haven't bought yet. 10% off is available now, they had 20% off for Fathers Day.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is getting delivered today. Drkness - what setting are you using? Is it different than others you've had in the past? I've never had one before, but decided to check it out based on the positive remarks from you and others. I figured I'd try it out in all settings to decide where I want to have it stay, but curious what others decide as well.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The initial setting was Sport +4 and that was bonkers lol. I’m currently set at City 0. This one with this Ram to me is a little more flighty. I’m feeling that I may need to go with every setting minus eco and see what works in this area. I’m not knocking it in the least as it definitely has improved the current throttle response. Just seems to be more sensitive then my other ones. :)

whodeysrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got it delivered...hook up was a breeze.....got major storm just hitting here now...drove around neighborhood in Sport +2.... and Sport plus +4..... it's like a bucking bronco trying to tame it....I think the eight speed tranny is very shifty but after Auntie Em and Toto get sucked up from this storm I'll go back out and fiddle around with other settings.....figures get a new toy and you can't go play with it .....now we got hail!!!!.....ill repost after I use it again

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sadly it’s really skittish paired with that eight speed lol.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed the Pedal Commander. FYI for those who plan to get one, the clip that attaches the wiring to the pedal slides out toward you - then easily pulls off. It took me about a minute to figure it out. Anyway, for the review:

I only drove for about 10 minutes after installing, but WOW! On Sport and Sport+ the truck launches out of the hole! I set it on "City" setting for now, but going to Sport every once in a while is going to be fun. Pretty sure this is going to further kill my fuel economy, but I will have a big smile on my face. :)

firecadet613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you guys buy direct from them? If so, what's shipping time like? I found the PC07 on Amazon...

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you guys buy direct from them? If so, what's shipping time like? I found the PC07 on Amazon...
I bought mine on June 22 from Got Exhaust (vendor here) and Nick gave me 10% off. Total cost was $297 with free shipping, and it arrived yesterday. (6 days) but I’m in California and it came from the East Coast somewhere.

whodeysrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just connected via Bluetooth and every light on my dash lit up...threw a code to service throttle asap...turned on all the other lights and was dinging like crazy....disconnected Bluetooth all the lights went out except service engine light....not to happy with that....city mode seems decent....not as cool as I though it would be....maybe put it in my 2008 SRT Challenger to see what that's like.....or sending it back.....not worth the money IMO....

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just connected via Bluetooth and every ligh on my dash lit up...threw a code to device throttle asap...turned on all the other lights and was dinging like crazy....disconnected Bluetooth all the light went out except service engine light....not to happy with that....city mode seems decent....not as cool as I though it would be....maybe put it in my 2008 SRT Challenger to see what that's like.....or sending it back.....not worth the money IMO....

Did you have your key with you when you plugged it in? The instructions say to get the key away from the truck (at least 35 feet) so that nothing is activated while installing.

And if you don't notice a huge difference, yours is working way different than mine. Strange.

whodeysrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used it for a day without Bluetooth...worked fine....activated blue tooth and all hell broke loose. Initial plug in was done correctly...it's when I hooked up Bluetooth is when it went haywire

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What phone are you using this with ? Also you said running without Bluetooth was fine, are you interested in doing that ?

whodeysrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
iPhone 10.... I'm tempted to return but went to look and see I found it would plug into my 08 challenger but it looks like it a different connection at the pedal.... it was working fine ....I tried all the settings...the city mode was not bad....I think the Sport and Sportplus are way overkill for this truck...that's why I was going to try it on my 5 speed tranny SRT...but the plug is different.....on fence about returning

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
maybe put it in my 2008 SRT Challenger to see what that's like.....or sending it back.....not worth the money IMO....

I think you will find that the plug on the 08 is totally different.

I tried to put the one I had on my 15 Charger on the 19 Ram......no go.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
iPhone 10.... I'm tempted to return but went to look and see I found it would plug into my 08 challenger but it looks like it a different connection at the pedal.... it was working fine ....I tried all the settings...the city mode was not bad....I think the Sport and Sportplus are way overkill for this truck...that's why I was going to try it on my 5 speed tranny SRT...but the plug is different.....on fence about returning

Any update with your Pedal Commander?

whodeysrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unplugged the battery ...cleared the code...reinstalled without Bluetooth connected....working fine....not going to use Bluetooth ...very weird...