How many of you store your keyless entry keys in a farady cage at home?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just on a hook by the door, sometimes in the truck itself. I rarely ever lock the doors, but I also don't keep anything valuable inside. I also live in a quiet neighborhood and a police officer who lives down the street always parks his cruiser outside and usually does a patrol before shift and after shift.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can wrap the fob in aluminum foil and it does the same thing as a Faraday Cage.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wear a aluminum foil hat to prevent brain scans as well :naughty:
i assure you, your truck can EASILY be stolen with or without the help of your fob

OP
OP
Stefan N

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
i assure you, your truck can EASILY be stolen with or without the help of your fob

Good for you! :naughty: And I am calm, just curious :love51:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Considering how crappy the range of the stock keyfob is, if they can manage to get their relay box within range, they can have the truck!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you're a car thief and you're trying to figure out if people using farady cages to shield their keys is a problem you need to overcome I'd say don't waste your time. They're not.

OP
OP
Stefan N

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
If you're a car thief and you're trying to figure out if people using farady cages to shield their keys is a problem you need to overcome I'd say don't waste your time. They're not.

This is not facebook where "everyone" uses there real name and put down there andress for you to grab :p ;)

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah, I'm just having some fun. For a short while this thread was posted next to show us your ram in it's spot and the wheels of conspiracy started turning in my head.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Aluminum foil on the head prevents brain from being stolen, but in this case I don't think it would be a big loss :emotions33: