How much horsepower am I looking at getting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bayareahemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got a bighorn 2011 5.7

I want to do shorty headers, a vararam air intake, Diablo tune and I want to put on a flow master super 44 w/ a resi delete.

i am new to modding. I wouldn’t even know which part to put on first or if these all go good together. Looking for some input. I’m just looking to gain some more horsepower, have my truck sound good and have great acceleration

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just got a bighorn 2011 5.7

I want to do shorty headers, a vararam air intake, Diablo tune and I want to put on a flow master super 44 w/ a resi delete.

i am new to modding. I wouldn’t even know which part to put on first or if these all go good together. Looking for some input. I’m just looking to gain some more horsepower, have my truck sound good and have great acceleration
My guess would be about 15-17 horsepower to the wheels would be your gain. The shorty headers are not going to make any more power. You will be better of with long tube headers and either a matching y-pipe of go with true dual exhaust. I always recommend true dual exhaust to every one of my customers. Find a good header that fits your budget and then have your local exhaust shop build the rest with a pair of mufflers of your choice. If the budget doesn't allow for expensive stainless brand name headers I have had great luck with the cheaper eBay headers. With long tube headers, true dual exhaust and some good tuning it is pretty easy to make another 45 horsepower to the wheels or even more depending on where you live.

This header is made by Dynamic and I have had some good dyno results with these headers...

I actually installed this set on a customers 2011 Ram 1500 CCSB 2WD truck last week and they fit perfect without any modifications...

Last edited: