How much lift for 24x12 and 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retroboomin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just purchased a 2020 1500 4WD Black night edition and I want to run 37s.

Curious how much lift I would need. Looking at 24x12 TIS 547b -44 offset. Would like to run 37s. I just like the wheel/tire ratio better

Currently looking at getting the RC vertex setup. I know people give RC a hard time but I'm seeing pretty good reviews. I want something that rides as close to stock as possible and willing to spend the $$$ if its worth it. I won't be offroading but just like the lifted look.

What are your thoughts? Is that setup bad? Would I need more lift?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Don't do RC, you will be replacing parts in no time ... for 37s with -44 offset you won't do it with a 6" lift without doing quite a bit of trimming on the bumpers and pinch welds ...

I have 7" with 37s and -44 and I had to trim quite a bit ....

OP
OP
R

retroboomin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't do RC, you will be replacing parts in no time ... for 37s with -44 offset you won't do it with a 6" lift without doing quite a bit of trimming on the bumpers and pinch welds ...

I have 7" with 37s and -44 and I had to trim quite a bit ....
what brand(s) would you suggest? Im not really seeing any other options for more lift on 5th gens. What about suspension lift+body lift? Does anyone still do that?

Looking more and more like 22x12 and 35s... :(

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I would do CST Suspension , they have a 6.5" lift kit and I just saw it on a 2020 5th Gen ... while it has a front coilover spacer, they guy who I saw it on said he loves the ride ... up until now I had only really seen BDS, ZONE and of coure RC on the 5th gens ... check them out .

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
What gears do you have. You might feel 37's a little bit.

OP
OP
R

retroboomin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would do CST Suspension , they have a 6.5" lift kit and I just saw it on a 2020 5th Gen ... while it has a front coilover spacer, they guy who I saw it on said he loves the ride ... up until now I had only really seen BDS, ZONE and of coure RC on the 5th gens ... check them out .

so looks like I would have to provide springs/shocks with this kit?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
so looks like I would have to provide springs/shocks with this kit?
I would do a Zone 6" lift with Zone upper control arms. Then Run Bilsteins at 2.1" That should get you pretty close to clearing. Its not the tire size its the offset of the wheel you'll have trouble with. You gearing is fine if you are used to a Jeep (unless you had a 392 jeep) @Nick@GotExhaust is a preferred vendor on this forum and gives pretty decent member discounts. If you hit him up via pm ask for the quick_shifter package with bilsteins. You may need an additional 1 1/2" rear coil spacer so i'd highly recommend having Nick set you up with core 4x4 rear swaybar endlinks.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I would do a Zone 6" lift with Zone upper control arms. Then Run Bilsteins at 2.1" That should get you pretty close to clearing. Its not the tire size its the offset of the wheel you'll have trouble with. You gearing is fine if you are used to a Jeep (unless you had a 392 jeep) @Nick@GotExhaust is a preferred vendor on this forum and gives pretty decent member discounts. If you hit him up via pm ask for the quick_shifter package with bilsteins. You may need an additional 1 1/2" rear coil spacer so i'd highly recommend having Nick set you up with core 4x4 rear swaybar endlinks.
Yeep, like I told him with my 20x12 -44 wheels, if you stayed below -24 offset you might be ok

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I just purchased a 2020 1500 4WD Black night edition and I want to run 37s.

Curious how much lift I would need. Looking at 24x12 TIS 547b -44 offset. Would like to run 37s. I just like the wheel/tire ratio better

Currently looking at getting the RC vertex setup. I know people give RC a hard time but I'm seeing pretty good reviews. I want something that rides as close to stock as possible and willing to spend the $$$ if its worth it. I won't be offroading but just like the lifted look.

What are your thoughts? Is that setup bad? Would I need more lift?
Rough Country spends all of their money on advertising and not R&D. You'll have an ok experience or it will ruin your truck. If you're ok with the coin toss go for it. I own a suspension shop we wont install anything with the rough country name even if it was given to us.

OP
OP
R

retroboomin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does that setup offer a superior ride quality? im hoping to get a close to stock ride quality as well

I will definitely hit up @Nick@GotExhaust

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
does that setup offer a superior ride quality? im hoping to get a close to stock ride quality as well

I will definitely hit up @Nick@GotExhaust
The upgrade to that kit with a better than stock ride is moving into the coil over world with fox 2.0 coilovers DF7099B7-8AC2-4EE1-85D4-72E30AF326ED.jpeg

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@retroboomin your setup will require control arms because you’ll be 7” in the front this 5th gen was 5” in the front
352970F7-E150-4EAF-BB4B-4E67234D07EC.jpeg
This is a zone 6” kit with Fox 2.0 coilovers turned down. 20x10 -18 wrapped in a 325/60 tire which measures very close to a lot of 37’s

OP
OP
R

retroboomin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@retroboomin your setup will require control arms because you’ll be 7” in the front this 5th gen was 5” in the front
View attachment 483618
This is a zone 6” kit with Fox 2.0 coilovers turned down. 20x10 -18 wrapped in a 325/60 tire which measures very close to a lot of 37’s
thanks. I think this points me in the right direction of what I'll need to push the height up a little bit more

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
What gears do you have. You might feel 37's a little bit.
I too am going to ask this question..

I'm running 37s and feel them pretty good with my 3.73 gears.
Eventually I will go to a better gear like a 5.?? something.
Should get me closer to OEM power with the 37s.
Definitely Something OP should look into. @retroboomin

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
3.21. Is it possible to regear rams?

Im an ex jeep jku owner and I know thats a pretty common mod on those.
Absolutely. Other folks know more about it than I do, but I do understand it's kinda spendy.

dc435911

Reaction score
I'm on 37's with 3" lift up front and 1" in the rear for off roading, stock 3.21 gears with the 8 speed transmission. The truck runs great and has a hemifever engine and trans tune. Couldn't be happier. 1st gear in the 8 speed is lower than re-geared 6 speed so regearing is only really needed if your truck hunts a lot. To re-gear a 1500 you need to buy a new front diff assembly and swap it then re-gear the back. ZF welds the ring gear to the pinion and your options are 3.21, 3.55, and 3.92. You can put a non-ZF (2009-2012) in the a 2013+ and re-gear to 4.X+. Plan on ~$1000-1500 for the front re-gear and ~$500 for the rear without labor costs. In the 8 speed it's going to be marginal and one reason I'm waiting to re-gear to 3.92 as there's better upgrades to spend my money on for better off road capability.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
3.21. Is it possible to regear rams?

Im an ex jeep jku owner and I know thats a pretty common mod on those.
Certainly possible. Not sure of the aftermarket but factory 1500s have 3.92s. Again, not sure if it's the same housings with different gears, or totally different axles. If you need to swap axels I'd go all out and go for something that allows 5.xx. That assumes you care about crawling/acceleration performance and NOT about MPG. Then again, the 8sp works wonders.

I have 3.92s with 35s and would not want anything higher (ratio, meaning lower number). But that's me and how I drive. I would have gotten 4.10s if they were available from the factory.