How much of this is really necessary?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tunaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been driving since 1979, and been maintaining my own vehicles for just as long. I remember the Chevy LUV LOL. It was the predecessor to the Chevy S10.

I've seen my share of rusted out brake parts, as I'm sure you have. Pitted master and ***** cylinders. Rusted through brake lines. All directly attributed to moisture in the brake fluid. If I had flushed the fluid every couple of years that wouldn't have happened, or at least would have been significantly reduced. But I didn't know back then what I know now, so that service never happened. It's true that these issues never caused total brake failures for me. But it did cause brake degradation on some of those cars and trucks. And nearly caused an accident on one occasion in particular. I don't pay someone else to flush my brake systems. I service my own vehicles, so the only cost is for the new brake fluid and a little bit of my time. People who pay for service are at the mercy of their local shops and the advice of others.
Since 79? Heck I was 30 yrs old in 79!! LOL