how much oil do i have to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j6n69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
so before i start i wanna apologize for my english.i need your help, my dad gave me the task to find out how much oil we have to put in the car.i searched so many websites but i could just find the answer for the engine oil.the year the car was built is 2014 and it is a 5,7 L.I´ts an automatic car which runs on gas and i think benzin.

what i need to know is how much transmission oil, front axle and rear axle and transfer case oil i have to put in.

it would be absoloutly amazing if someone could tell me

thank you:)

OP
OP
J

j6n69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
for all of them?

thank you for your response

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Go on the https://www.amsoil.com/ website and you can look up the various oil/lube needed for the truck and amounts.
You'll need to know what transmission and transfer case type to get the correct lube.
Transmission shift knob is the ZF 8 speed, if the truck has a column or console shifter it's the RFE 6 spd
If the transfer case has the Auto 4X4 button it's the BW44-44
You may need friction modifier if the trucks rear differential is limited slip type. It doesn't hurt to use it if the differential is not.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Go on the https://www.amsoil.com/ website and you can look up the various oil/lube needed for the truck and amounts.
You'll need to know what transmission and transfer case type to get the correct lube.
Transmission shift knob is the ZF 8 speed, if the truck has a column or console shifter it's the RFE 6 spd
If the transfer case has the Auto 4X4 button it's the BW44-44
You may need friction modifier if the trucks rear differential is limited slip type. It doesn't hurt to use it if the differential is not.
This ^^^ Amsoil.com will give you the capacities for sure.