How to Add Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) to a Manual Temperature Control Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
DeerGuy just let me know what I need to do to purchase a harness from you and i'll get it done. Yours will probably look more professional than mine anyway, lol.

Just shot you a PM.

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Just shot you a PM.
Hey Mike,
Shoot me a PM also as I'd like to add the ATC to my truck :favorites13: Maybe that pair of seat power wires too :crazy:

Thanks!

Jon aka 69mach1

Last edited:

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just completed this mod. Seems to be working correctly so far. Couple of questions though:

1) I have the AE tool, so I used it to activate the single zone ATC using DeereGuy's directions. Just curious as to why you have to set it to dual zone before setting to single zone. Before I got into the BCM with the tool I assumed it may have been because the single zone setting isnt an option until the dual zone setting is activated, but that wasn't the case for me.

2) Is the brand/theme loss noticeable immediately after activating the single zone settings and rebooting the radio? Mine doesn't appear to have lost anything, as my theme is still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just completed this mod. Seems to be working correctly so far. Couple of questions though:

1) I have the AE tool, so I used it to activate the single zone ATC using DeereGuy's directions. Just curious as to why you have to set it to dual zone before setting to single zone. Before I got into the BCM with the tool I assumed it may have been because the single zone setting isnt an option until the dual zone setting is activated, but that wasn't the case for me.

2) Is the brand/theme loss noticeable immediately after activating the single zone settings and rebooting the radio? Mine doesn't appear to have lost anything, as my theme is still the same.

Congrats. On my truck the single zone wouldn't take until I activated the dual zone first. No explanation why really except that the trucks don't have a single zone option from the factory, so setting the dual zone activated the feature in the hvac module and then flipping it to single zone got rid of the extra controls on the radio. Just my guess though.

As for #2 it took a few cycles for my themes to go away. Is your truck an 8.4 conversion or a factory 8.4. WilliamS never lost his themes but his was a factory 8.4. Not sure if that is relevant or not, but it worth noting. Just give it some time and see if logo and themes stay around. Enjoy your new mod!

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
I tried to get this done today. The cable is magnificent and easy to install. The ODBGenie...well, that isn't going well. I tried multiple times to no avail. I've emailed ODBGenie for assistance. More to come.

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I tried to get this done today. The cable is magnificent and easy to install. The ODBGenie...well, that isn't going well. I tried multiple times to no avail. I've emailed ODBGenie for assistance. More to come.

@infotainment.com or @cuylertech Can you guys help him out?

Last edited:

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Checking if everything is still playing okay for you? Hoping to tackle this down the road a bit :naughty:

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checking if everything is still playing okay for you? Hoping to tackle this down the road a bit :naughty:

Unfortunately, the brand was lost in the BCM, as has been the case with everyone else using the AE tool. Other than losing my themes in the settings and the startup splash screen saying uconnect instead of RAM, I haven't noticed any ill effects from the brand loss. I haven't had a chance to go back in and add the brand back to the media module, but I didn't lose the theme I had it set on before I made the changes, so I'm not really in any hurry to do so.

One thing I have noticed is when I change the temp from any of the non-climate screens, there is a box in both top corners, rather than just the top left, showing the interior temp setting being changed. I'm not sure if it has been doing this from the start or not, but I didn't notice it happening until I noticed the brand was lost.

ngiovas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
One thing I have noticed is when I change the temp from any of the non-climate screens, there is a box in both top corners, rather than just the top left, showing the interior temp setting being changed. I'm not sure if it has been doing this from the start or not, but I didn't notice it happening until I noticed the brand was lost.

Mine is the same - a box in both corners when changing the temp. It acts like the dual zone system when it is set to "sync" and both zones change at once.

This has been a great mod for me. Glad I did it.

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
I just noticed that something flashed. I now have a rear climate button. I didn't have that before. Could the sensor be bad and that is what keeps the automatic button from showing up?

20170616_071953-L.jpg

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just noticed that something flashed. I now have a rear climate button. I didn't have that before. Could the sensor be bad and that is what keeps the automatic button from showing up?

20170616_071953-L.jpg

I wouldn't think so. The BCM code activation should take effect regardless of if the sensor is there or bad. The fact that you now have rear climate is weird. Have you heard back from infotainment?

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Have you heard back from infotainment?

Nope. I got a few emails from ODBGenie saying it flashed but haven't explained yet why it didn't work as expected. I'm hoping it is something as simple like they sent the wrong device.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rear ac controls, thats a new one. I wonder how they did that. Thats kind of a big programming error.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope. I got a few emails from ODBGenie saying it flashed but haven't explained yet why it didn't work as expected. I'm hoping it is something as simple like they sent the wrong device.

We apologize for the issue, we sent out another programmer today. The tech for Genie Patched the computer we use to generate the genies and it muddled with the code for the Auto Temp Genie. Apologies.

Rut Row

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
We apologize for the issue, we sent out another programmer today. The tech for Genie Patched the computer we use to generate the genies and it muddled with the code for the Auto Temp Genie. Apologies.

Thanks! That is great service! :waytogo:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wonder if it will clean the current setting and install the proper one? Will be neat to see.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its just changing an ID from a "3" to a "4" to swap between MTC + Rear to Single Zone ATC
This is what I figured ; however , will he still have the rear controls on the radio screen that is obviously unusable ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk