How to Add Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) to a Manual Temperature Control Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighShyGuy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not sure what you've done yet but originally you should have gone to Dual Zone ATC first before moving on to Single Zone ATC with resets in between (see prior email or post 3)

* I will add that when these 4c radios first power up after battery pull/first install they will show Dual Zone ATC and possibly various other incorrect settings that you can't trust until the reset/BCM configure of the radio is complete (ie once SXM button shows up & BuCam works if installed).
Yeah, I know I read that, and believe that's what I did, though I dodn't remember waiting in between like required (user error). Pretty sure i set Alfa to dual, then right to single.
However, I just drove a few places and it seems correct now.
I'll see what it does tomorrow and if it's weird, I'll go back to manual in alfa and start over.

It is nice setting the truck on 72 though, and not just a red spot on a dial!

Plainbroke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I think he is. I'm thinking the settings for the BCM to look for tne humidity sensor are most likely in the Lin configuration since the new harness Taps directly into the Lin of the truck. I haven't had a chance to check yet with the AE tool and see if I can find the settings for it. The total for the new harness,humidity sensor and cover are 110.00 with shipping. The harness simply replaces the old rear view mirror harness. My truck has one pin missing in truck side harness that the new harness plugs into that goes to ignition on run. The rest of the wiring seems to be correct so only one wire will need to be added. That being said Pin #2 in the 8.4 conversion harness is ignition on run so it should be easy to tap into that wire and pin the other end to connect to the truck side plug for the new harness. I'm thinking it would be pretty easy to install the humidity sensor to the upper windshield near the rear view mirror with velcro and would probably look pretty much Factory and most likely work the same. On another note my truck is still throwing the codes for the solar sensor left and right input even though I replaced the sensor. Deer Guy mentioned that sometimes it takes quite a while for the codes to clear so I'm going to keep periodically checking it and see if it goes away. Either way I doubt the sun sensor codes have anything to do with issues we're having with the A/C compressor not shutting off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Would you happen to have the part numbers for those parts? My eyes are watering from reading through this Thread trying to find the wiring diagram and harness connector and pins and where they tie into.

Plainbroke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered the pins and connector to modify my harness and bought the sensor on ebay. I'm thinking I might go ahead and buy the AE tool so I can use it for other things in the future plus its a great troubleshooting tool if you ever have problems with your truck
I know this is an old thread, but would you happen to have the pin part numbers you ordered for this mod.?

Mike Huber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am tuned, having issues with temp on my factory installed dual zone ATC, the temps go either high or low after doing the upgrade.
got so frustrated i sold the radio, but after talking to Mpgrimm2, this gives me hope that is what the issue is. So i'll grab another here soon and mess around

I have a raceme ultra, i have a couple tunes i can try and see what that can get me. I will also get with the guy who made the tunes to see if i can get one newer than what mine is based off of, 2013 i assume. What year should i ask for?
Hello Sir,

The issue is not tune related at all. The tuner flashes only the ECM what is not controlling the ATC.
Do you have any DTC codes?

derekcoor04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
What gauge wire do I use to make the cabin air temp sensor harness for ATC?