Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

How to Add Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) to a Manual Temperature Control Truck

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by DeereGuy, May 16, 2017.

1. WTM75

WTM75 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar
    I was finally able to install the ATC board with the Off/Auto button in the center. I actually did the ATC conversation with @Mpgrimm2 harnness, back in September, but I was using the regular single zone bezel. Now that the holidays were over and I had a little spare money, I had Mpgrimm2 from M2mods modify the Dual Zone control board to work like a single Zone ATC bezel. As always, a great mod!!

E99D4FD1-7DEF-49DF-B54B-0649DD8B64C9.jpeg

0DF8997C-E0E6-4338-B1D2-43FD4981BA82.jpeg

16BA9EA4-EF15-440A-9C2E-F1B22ECBBD24.jpeg

2. mjf6175

mjf6175 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    cummins
    NICE!.......did the exact same thing a couple of months ago. The ATC bezel looks and works exactly like OEM factory, excellent work by Mpgrimm2

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    likes2build, WTM75 and Mpgrimm2 like this.
  3. likes2build

likes2build Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 Express RCSB
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar
    • Oh my goodness, took a ride to Vegas today and was thinking the same thing. I love my M2Mods products, single zone ATC conversion bezel and multiple harnesses for the 3.0 to 8.4 upgrade, ATC / humidity sensors, rear camera re-route and mirror microphone addition, overhead console w/Home Link. I started out with an ambient temperature of 38 degrees by Flagstaff and by the time I hit Vegas it was 78. Just hit that Auto button and VR button, say the temperature you want and never think about it again.

Thanks @Mpgrimm2 and @DeereGuy you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: oh shit, I almost forgot my Deereguy bypass harness, lol

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    mjf6175, WTM75 and Mpgrimm2 like this.
  4. sdwalter

sdwalter Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I finally installed the temp sensor harness and added the humidity sensor. Was able to enable the ATC with the AlphaOBD tool. Everything works great. While I was modifying, I added the rain sensor and the smartbeam mirror. Now I have ATC, auto high beams headlights, and rain sensing wipers. I love it all.

In order to do all of that, I ended up installing a new oem harness to the mirror. I have the m2mods humidity sensor harness left over. I never installed it, as I didn't need it once I put in the new mirror harness. If anyone is interested in the humidity sensor harness, send me a pm and we can work something out.

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  5. Kleinja

Kleinja Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 Ram Rebel
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Super happy with this mod! It's only been 1 day but I already know I'm going to love it. Got the temp and humidity sensors mounted and the harnesses ran yesterday and it was a breeze to do. Probably took a couple hours but I was taking my time, and also tinkering with a couple other things in between working on this. Only issue is I bought the cover for the humidity sensor and it didn't have the back plate (or that's also a separate purchase and I didn't realize it) but I'm just going to design and 3D print a cover for it and call it good. Just so the wire plug isn't showing and it's a little cleaner. AlfaOBD setup was a breeze and it was working great. Drove 2 hours afterwards and I was at a comfy 71° the entire way. Thanks to M2 Mods for the awesome wiring harnesses and the guides to make the install super easy!

WTM75, retep, Mpgrimm2 and 2 others like this.
  6. 2014EcoDiesel

2014EcoDiesel Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ecodiesel
    Another satisfied customer. Thanks Mpgrimm2.

I didn't have the instructions handy and went right too ATC Single. It didn't work. So.... then i read the instructions, changed to ATC dual, waited a day, then back to ATC single. Works great!

2014Ecodiesel

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  7. FlatbedHemi

FlatbedHemi Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Maybe I am blind, but I cannot seem to find the instructions on where to find the options for ATC in AplphaOBD. Can someone please help me?

8. Lawsuit11

Lawsuit11 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 1500
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    1st post. Link is “know working codes list”

[​IMG]

—2018 Ram 1500—

9. FlatbedHemi

FlatbedHemi Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Yeah, I read through all that, but still couldn’t find it. Ended up calling Mike Grimm and he was able to walk me through it. Problem was, the options that everyone was saying look for was not how my version had them listed. He had to hook up to his truck and walk me through it. Great guy and a HUGE help. Another satisfied customer of M2mods.

10. Eng50

Eng50 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.6l
    Hands down Mike is a great guy and smart as hell..he and his buddy's make awesome products and interfacing parts that make our trucks a pleasure to be in...
    Smart Beam Mirror
    ATC
    Radio info
    The wiring these guys make are second to none better than factory in some cases and the support is just not seen these days like Mike gives..

Thanks again for everything, you made my world and easier place to live in!!

Bill

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk