How to Add Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) to a Manual Temperature Control Truck

Vic Nov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I`m sorry, but having a rough time posting. Mpgrimm2, I have read the thread for adding a humidity sensor to the 4th gen rams, in that thread (post #8) you show pics of a modded dual zone board (before and after). my question to you is: do you have an exploded view of the solder points? Also, i see your circled pictures of the red and blue lights, did you swap the resistors to match the led swap, and your instructions call for a 20 olm resistor ( i did not see in your pics where you used it).

tzmndvl308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Express
Purchased Infotainment Nav/Radio 5 months ago.
Paid the $274 last week for the auto AC update,
Originally the radio had auto on it, but no degrees on slider.
First attempt with update took away auto selection.
Second attempt brought back auto button and degrees on slider.
Push auto does nothing, and when you raise the temperature it stays there for a second, and then drops down to LO.
Sent video to Infotainment... hoping for help.

Last edited:

tzmndvl308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sent Infotainment video as they requested. No response. Called, put on hold multiple times. Finally got someone. Put on hold, never came back to line.
Asked for RMA to return.... Will see what happens.
Anyone believing that it is worth it to pay more ($274.00) so you have product support? Does not apply to Infotainment.
The problems on this post from 2017 that people were having... Problems are still there.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I did this mod and the harness was all ready in the truck. I ordered one and did not need it. Check for a small black four pin connector right by where the sensor goes. All I needed was the temp sensor. I have a 2014 Bighorn 2500 ccsb. Came with just single MTC.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Same here. I looked today also have a 2014 2500 mine is an SLT with factory 8.4. Ordered the sensor will get it put in and change using alpha no problem.

mdtz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Mpgrimm2 hooked me up on the wiring. I followed the instructions to a T and had a weird issue where it wouldn't switch to dash in manual mode. So I did a calibration. Since then it does a self test most times when I start it and the defrost flashes and then turns off. In the HVAC calibration it shows:
Actuator 2 (Right Temp) Calibration: Failed
and
Fault Code B11C9: Right Temperature Door Travel Too Small

I am assuming since it is single zone, there is no right temp actuator. Is this expected since Ram's never came factory with single zone, or should I try to reset to factory manual and repeat processes?

Thanks everyone!

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
@Mpgrimm2 hooked me up on the wiring. I followed the instructions to a T and had a weird issue where it wouldn't switch to dash in manual mode. So I did a calibration. Since then it does a self test most times when I start it and the defrost flashes and then turns off. In the HVAC calibration it shows:
and

I am assuming since it is single zone, there is no right temp actuator. Is this expected since Ram's never came factory with single zone, or should I try to reset to factory manual and repeat processes?

Thanks everyone!
I’m about to do this mod. Did that code throw a CEL?

mdtz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m about to do this mod. Did that code throw a CEL?
No code. I just see the defrost light flash and you hear the actuators move. Nothing crazy. I also haven't seen anyone else have this issue. So it may just be me. Make sure to follow the directions with the correct timing/power off cycle between each step.

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No code. I just see the defrost light flash and you hear the actuators move. Nothing crazy. I also haven't seen anyone else have this issue. So it may just be me. Make sure to follow the directions with the correct timing/power off cycle between each step.
Ok thanks I just order my parts I have to get with @Mpgrimm2 to get the harness for the one under dash

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
and

Thanks everyone!
Sorry, I don't recognize the screen name. Have we talked before? Shoot me a message/start a conversation with your phone number and i can give you a call in about 45mins on my way to work. (If you've gotten something from me before include your email so I can do a search.)

What parts are you using exactly?

Chances are you either have an AlfaOBD programming issue (order of the steps is crucial or sometimes it's the app version/update) or there's an issue with the hardware not supporting it fully (HVAC module or radio).

mdtz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, I don't recognize the screen name. Have we talked before? Shoot me a message/start a conversation with your phone number and i can give you a call in about 45mins on my way to work. (If you've gotten something from me before include your email so I can do a search.)

What parts are you using exactly?

Chances are you either have an AlfaOBD programming issue (order of the steps is crucial or sometimes it's the app version/update) or there's an issue with the hardware not supporting it fully (HVAC module or radio).

I was just giving credit for the ATC wire harness I bought from you. Harness was high quality. I doubt the issue I am having is anything to do with the harness. I will PM you either way.