Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Add Dual Zone ATC to a Tradesman

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by STecoD, May 3, 2019.

1. Ramagain

Ramagain Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I'll be doing this mod in the next mont or two. Got all the parts sourced, just waiting on a break from work to get this done.

2. duckman631

duckman631 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
    Hats off to all of you doing this. I would love to have it because the little woman drives me nuts. She wants heat on feet I want front facing heat blowing at me. We fight all the time over it but damn this looks crazy. I’m fairly handy with simple stuff but yikes.. The thread starting post had me stressed just going thru the pics and description steps. I had to stop looking thru it after the part where the dash was off.

Disconnect anything and everything then pull the whole dash and steering column an whatnot out. WoW. THEN hope to God it all goes back together!. You get it all off and after halfway putting it back together you realize you forgot something. I couldn’t do it just worrying about something like that happening.

so.... just want to say to anyone who successfully does this mod, I am impressed and I know this is a pretty intensive mod and anyone who rides in your truck and enjoys the fruit of you labor, will never truly know what went into it so just want to say “Way to go!”

:peace:

3. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Lol it's honestly not that bad and it's relatively inexpensive to do. If it makes you feel any better the Dual Zone system only controls driver and passenger side temperature. You cannot change the air direction from side to side. If you have it blowing out the dash vents on your side she cannot make it blow from a different area on her side.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

crash68 likes this.
  4. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Good luck, let us know how it goes or if you have any questions. Remember use only OE blend door motors. I had issues with the aftermarket brand communicating with my truck when I originally did mine.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Ramagain and Mpgrimm2 like this.
  5. Ramagain

Ramagain Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I was able to source a complete factory dual zone EVAP assy. from a donor truck (2016 1500 sport). I discovered some minor incompatibility's but nothing that can't be overcome w/ no additional expense. Mike set me up with the additional blend door option in the HVAC harness. Just need to get some free time to get this done.

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  6. duckman631

duckman631 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
    oh ok. I thought you can select different zones like feet on one side and front facing vents on the other. Didn’t realize it just controls the temperature for each side only.

7. wayned87

wayned87 Member

Ram Year:
    2015 Ram 2500
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    Just an FYI for some -

I have a 2015 RAM 2500 Mega Cab with full center console. I reached out to Benny with allmoparparts.com, and he came up with this part number 68197463AC. This part is anywhere from $300-$400 shipped, depending on the website.

Anyone else know of a cheaper part number that would work, confirmed? I know RAM says a lot of parts are not interchangeable, but we know they are. I was thinking I was going to spend like $80 on this Distribution Housing. I might have to put this on the back burner for a bit.

Thanks