How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

TNram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered a salvage RF hub before reading the 174 pages of posts. Has anyone tried or confirmed that a used hub will work? Can it be reset?

lmayle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone know if a 2017 jeep grand cherokee key fob would work on a 2017 ram 1500? That way I only need to carry one fob. The only thing I see is that it has a tailgate button.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered a salvage RF hub before reading the 174 pages of posts. Has anyone tried or confirmed that a used hub will work? Can it be reset?
I don’t think so. I have not heard of anyone that can clear them to be used in another vehicle.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know if a 2017 jeep grand cherokee key fob would work on a 2017 ram 1500? That way I only need to carry one fob. The only thing I see is that it has a tailgate button.
As far as I know, you cannot pair one fob to two different vehicles.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
As far as I know, you cannot pair one fob to two different vehicles.
You are correct. While there are places out there that can reset a fob so that it can be re-used, it would stop working on the original vehicle.

-K

TRRUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So I've got somewhat of a silly question..

For anyone that has done this, or had it from factory - do you need to hold the start button during cranking, or just a quick press?
On my town and country and other cars, its a single quick press of the button and the vehicle continues to crank until it starts. On this truck, I've got to hold the start button the whole time the truck is cranking.

Before installing keyless enter and go, it did behave the same way (You had to hold in start position the duration of cranking).

Just wondering if its just a setting.. or perhaps thats just the way the truck is..

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500, G56 Manual

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI

For anyone that has done this, or had it from factory - do you need to hold the start button during cranking, or just a quick press?
On my town and country and other cars, its a single quick press of the button and the vehicle continues to crank until it starts. On this truck, I've got to hold the start button the whole time the truck is cranking.

Before installing keyless enter and go, it did behave the same way (You had to hold in start position the duration of cranking).

Just wondering if its just a setting.. or perhaps thats just the way the truck is..

Even with the old fob ignition it should be smart start, like what you're talking about on your other vehicles, but perhaps because your truck is a manual they don't have that enabled. Only thing I could see.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Since you have a manual transmission, tip start is not enabled in the BCM for safety reasons (tip start is the name of the feature that keeps the starter cranking after press/release of the button). Go to CBC Features: Tip Start Enabled, and set it to “yes”.

Bdaman069

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone tried to do the push to start upgrade with manual locks, if so did you have issues programming the fobs and how did you overcome this. I have ordered, installed, and used alfaobd to turn everything on, I just cant get the fobs to work.