How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I can only see a few differences between your report and mine:
  • The "ECU Qualification" section for yours states "Remote Start: NOT present". Mine shows "Remote Start: Present" (and was stock).
  • The "ECU H/W Configuration" section for your truck shows "Internal Antenna: Present". Mine shows "Internal Antenna: Not Present"
  • "Remote Start Antenna: Not Present" is set on yours, but it's "Remote Start Antenna: Present" on my truck.
Both of our reports show "LF Antennas 1-4 as present (#5 is Not present on both), Front LeftHandle (and (and RightHandle) H/W Configuration as "Serial AP" and Handle H/W Configuration as "No AP".

FWIW: my truck is a 2016 Big Horn Crew that had remote start from the factory.

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It’s weird how my details says remote start not present ?
My truck has remote start and works perfect .

Did you add it when you did this upgrade (or previously)? I wonder if that's something hard-coded by FCA when the truck is built, and isn't edited by AlfaOBD?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What part number rf hub did you use?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What part number rf hub did you use?

chris: the RF Hub I ordered (Benny at allmoparparts confirmed it SHOULD work for my truck) is 68245484AD.

Last edited:

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I can only see a few differences between your report and mine:
  • The "ECU Qualification" section for yours states "Remote Start: NOT present". Mine shows "Remote Start: Present" (and was stock).
  • The "ECU H/W Configuration" section for your truck shows "Internal Antenna: Present". Mine shows "Internal Antenna: Not Present"
  • "Remote Start Antenna: Not Present" is set on yours, but it's "Remote Start Antenna: Present" on my truck.
Both of our reports show "LF Antennas 1-4 as present (#5 is Not present on both), Front LeftHandle (and (and RightHandle) H/W Configuration as "Serial AP" and Handle H/W Configuration as "No AP".

FWIW: my truck is a 2016 Big Horn Crew that had remote start from the factory.
My truck came with remote start from the factory as well

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you go a couple more lines down from your last screenshot under rfhm local configuration, it should be set. That’s the one that counts.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
So I just installed 2016 RF Hub part# 68245484AD in my 2015 Tradesman. I wired it all up and it works great. I would be tempted to install a 2017 in my moms 2014 now because she does not have remote start and the antenna is $100. Hope this helps anyone trying to do this for their pre-2016 trucks.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I just installed 2016 RF Hub part# 68245484AD in my 2015 Tradesman. I wired it all up and it works great. I would be tempted to install a 2017 in my moms 2014 now because she does not have remote start and the antenna is $100. Hope this helps anyone trying to do this for their pre-2016 trucks.
Did you do door handles as well ?

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Did you do door handles as well ?

I have them but need to get them painted. I have the wires run to the kick panels waiting to do the whole job all at once. Also need to install another wire while I’m in the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Remote start antenna, the older trucks had an external antenna. The late 2017+ models its built into the module. So its correct saying external antenna not present because it doesn't need one.

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but the handle verification test in Alfa doesn't work. Mine however work flawlessly

handle verification.png handle test run.png

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ugh. Now (since of course it's installed in the truck, and not just sitting "free" at my desk) I can't manage to de-pin the handle wires from the C2 connector to try to 'swap' them in their respective positions (signal vs. return). I still wonder whether there is a break in the handle wires somewhere. Being such a small wire that I used, it wouldn't shock me to find that was the case. But to trace them completely, I have to tear apart the back seat/wall and both doors, so to hell with this: I re-ordered the C2 connector and antenna connectors and will get 20AWG wire to run to all six positions- and NOT all the same colors!

For my clarity (and perhaps, sanity :confused:): on the door handles, the stock RED wire is the SENSE (pin 1 on the stock connector) and the stock BLACK wire is the RETURN (pin 2 on the stock connector), correct? I plan to use red and black wire to run to each of the handles from the C2 connector, so I want to be sure I arrange everything for the door handles correctly (at least telling the two handle wire pairs apart at the C2 connector isn't too hard: one set of wires will run to the Driver side, the other to the passenger side).

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but the handle verification test in Alfa doesn't work. Mine however work flawlessly

Mine didn't work either, always reports not ok. Haven't tried it since the last update.

Well THAT is an interesting (and completely maddening!!) tidbit that I did NOT in fact know. Now I guess it's all the more imperative that I rewire. I suspect it might help me to actually do the ENTIRE job all at once this time, and all right near the truck rather than set up my C2 connector "harness" then a couple weeks later start installing and running various parts and wires.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ugh. Now (since of course it's installed in the truck, and not just sitting "free" at my desk) I can't manage to de-pin the handle wires from the C2 connector to try to 'swap' them in their respective positions (signal vs. return). I still wonder whether there is a break in the handle wires somewhere. Being such a small wire that I used, it wouldn't shock me to find that was the case. But to trace them completely, I have to tear apart the back seat/wall and both doors, so to hell with this: I re-ordered the C2 connector and antenna connectors and will get 20AWG wire to run to all six positions- and NOT all the same colors!

For my clarity (and perhaps, sanity :confused:): on the door handles, the stock RED wire is the SENSE (pin 1 on the stock connector) and the stock BLACK wire is the RETURN (pin 2 on the stock connector), correct? I plan to use red and black wire to run to each of the handles from the C2 connector, so I want to be sure I arrange everything for the door handles correctly (at least telling the two handle wire pairs apart at the C2 connector isn't too hard: one set of wires will run to the Driver side, the other to the passenger side).
With the handle wire plugged into the rf hub, go to the raw end of the wire, set your multimeter to resistance and range to 10Mohm (or auto). You should see 9Mohm across the 2 leads (sense and return). Of you see an open circuit then you know the wires are broken somewhere, or at least not connecting to the rf hub

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I need to get hold of a decent meter first, but I'll check that as I'm doing the re-wire. Thanks chrisbh17.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sound good I will order all of the parts needed and the 17-18 RF hub and see if it will work.
In case it doesn’t work I will order 2016 RF Hub part number specified in the thread and then enable the same futures and ground the cable pin 11 and I will have remote start working as well?
@markatmjm, or anybody else, did you end up following through with the 17+ hub on your 2016, and if so, did it work?

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@markatmjm, or anybody else, did you end up following through with the 17+ hub on your 2016, and if so, did it work?
I to want to know as I have a 14 and want to add remote start + pushbutton start is not to big of an install $$$

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Here's a question: How can I rule out a failure of the handle itself (short of finding known-good handles and stock connectors so I'm not cutting the connector off the handle)? Or a problem with the RF Hub actually functioning in relation to the passive entry portion. (Remote start, remote lock/unlock, keyless GO all work fine).

I re-wired the C2 connector yesterday, and used different colored wiring (tried to mimic the stock wire coloring) for each antenna and both handles. I only got the driver side done as I ran out of daylight/feeling in my fingers, but I STILL am not getting any function out of the driver side handle. I haven't run the passenger side yet, but will pin the C2 connector and test for continuity- but is there some other test I can run to see if the RF Hub is sending any kind of signal? And is there some test I can try to perform on the handles themselves to see if they're actually functional?

One other question: those who got a new hub, was it packaged in MOPAR factory packaging? Mine was just sitting loose on top of my other parts I ordered from allmoparparts- there was no factory packaging for that part. Just curious if somehow a failed hub got sent to me.