How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very cool, thanks.
If the fob battery is weak and the push button start doesn't work the instructions say to use the actual fob to push the button and it should work. Remember if your fob battery is dead and you unlock your door with the key and open the door if your truck has an alarm it will go off. The only way to turn off the alarm as far as I know is to hit your panic button which may not work if your truck has s dead battery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I have a used rf hub will it learn a new vin? Currently the truck will start and run 10sec the shut down. Pops 2 codes for multi vin and bad skim match. But when I was able to program key and reset the hub and it said learning new vin. After that truck starts runs dies and old vin is back any ideas?

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If I have a used rf hub will it learn a new vin? Currently the truck will start and run 10sec the shut down. Pops 2 codes for multi vin and bad skim match. But when I was able to program key and reset the hub and it said learning new vin. After that truck starts runs dies and old vin is back any ideas?
Used hub won’t work. The fob will be no good, also, since it was programmed.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Used hub won’t work. The fob will be no good, also, since it was programmed.

I'm kind of looking at doing this sometime, so just to be sure, the RF Hub and key fobs must be new to be programmed, but I should be ok to buy the antennas, door handles, and start button used, correct?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm kind of looking at doing this sometime, so just to be sure, the RF Hub and key fobs must be new to be programmed, but I should be ok to buy the antennas, door handles, and start button used, correct?
Yes the only parts that need to be new are the RF Hub and the Fobs. You can use a used fob if you have it reprogrammed by a locksmith so it will accept programming again but most people just purchase them new.

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes the only parts that need to be new are the RF Hub and the Fobs. You can use a used fob if you have it reprogrammed by a locksmith so it will accept programming again but most people just purchase them new.

Hey quick question say i was able to get the rf hub with its matching keys do u know if it will work since the keys are already programmed to that rf hub

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey quick question say i was able to get the rf hub with its matching keys do u know if it will work since the keys are already programmed to that rf hub

It’s not the keys matching the hub that’s the problem. It’s the secret key information that can’t be transferred from your truck’s PCM and BCM to the used rf hub. That’s why the truck will die after a few seconds, because of the mismatched SKIM.

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s not the keys matching the hub that’s the problem. It’s the secret key information that can’t be transferred from your truck’s PCM and BCM to the used rf hub. That’s why the truck will die after a few seconds, because of the mismatched SKIM.
Ah i see thanks for thst info.. im a but confused on the rf part of the write up my truck is a 17 and has the part number 68319677Ad i checked with alpha

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ah i see thanks for thst info.. im a but confused on the rf part of the write up my truck is a 17 and has the part number 68319677Ad i checked with alpha

Yeah, that’s the part number of the regular key fob hub. Need the one that ends with “80”.

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah, that’s the part number of the regular key fob hub. Need the one that ends with “80”.
Will that one support remote start i looked it up to order a new one and all say without remote strat

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Will that one support remote start i looked it up to order a new one and all say without remote strat

68319680AD has remote start.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if anyone has added the Keyless Go and Proximiy Entry to a 2019 Classic but we did my buddies Bighorn Classic today. Everything works fine. It did take a while to get the new RF Hub to reset. The truck would start and then die. This is the 6th or 7th one I've done and it's the first one I've had this happen too. I tried resetting it with the pin# and it failed several times. I reset it using pin# 0000 and it also failed. I tried 0000 again and it finally reset the hub. I started the truck and it died again. I opened the door and walked away waited a few minutes and it works fine. It probably just needed to reset itself. 574ef692fa04a66124388e07b3471627.jpgad49d659f95cafe4090b193fbd2c74a0.jpg02ca33c770c39c27f7f04cbfd80c8521.jpg

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not sure if anyone has added the Keyless Go and Proximiy Entry to a 2019 Classic but we did my buddies Bighorn Classic today. Everything works fine. It did take a while to get the new RF Hub to reset. The truck would start and then die. This is the 6th or 7th one I've done and it's the first one I've had this happen too. I tried resetting it with the pin# and it failed several times. I reset it using pin# 0000 and it also failed. I tried 0000 again and it finally reset the hub. I started the truck and it died again. I opened the door and walked away waited a few minutes and it works fine. It probably just needed to reset itself. 574ef692fa04a66124388e07b3471627.jpgad49d659f95cafe4090b193fbd2c74a0.jpg02ca33c770c39c27f7f04cbfd80c8521.jpg

Where are u getting ur fobs nd rf hub i got all my handles and sensors just need the hub nd fobs

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where are u getting ur fobs nd rf hub i got all my handles and sensors just need the hub nd fobs

Got the fobs from Ebay. They go in and out of stock at the place we have been buying them but they cost around $70 they are new and seem to be OEM from what I can tell. As far as the RF Hub goes they are on nationwide backorder from what I've been told. I found the one we got at a dealer in Washington that happened to have it on the shelf. Best way to try to find one is go to your dealer and ask them to do a search and see if any dealers have it in stock and then contact that dealer. I ended up paying more for the unit but the one on my original order was backordered for almost two months and I needed to get this truck done. bc3c1a4ca0755f96f6c1f7c106b3464c.jpg021f59a8972ab7dde5983cea9cc0be12.jpg

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got everything installed and having some issues.
So the truck starts and runs no problem but, the keys will not unlock or lock the truck from a distance. They handle works 50% of the time and the truck says no key 50% of the time. So currently I have to hold key to sensor location to lock or unlock and push the start button with the fob.

I've tried:
Changing battery in fob
Tried with 2 fobs
I have flipped sensors over not sure which way to face door sensor (didnt help)
Triple checked wires and connectors
Rest the hub multiple times

Also tpms dont read say not detected I've done the roll test 10 times at least

Any ideas would be great thanks in advance

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got everything installed and having some issues.
So the truck starts and runs no problem but, the keys will not unlock or lock the truck from a distance. They handle works 50% of the time and the truck says no key 50% of the time. So currently I have to hold key to sensor location to lock or unlock and push the start button with the fob.

I've tried:
Changing battery in fob
Tried with 2 fobs
I have flipped sensors over not sure which way to face door sensor (didnt help)
Triple checked wires and connectors
Rest the hub multiple times

Also tpms dont read say not detected I've done the roll test 10 times at least

Any ideas would be great thanks in advance

Kinda sounds like a bad RF hub to me, but in Alfa you should be able to check the status of the antennae to see which ones the hub finds connected.

I would double check the pin-age of your wiring, but the fact it works sometimes makes me think they are OK, unless maybe you have the inside antenna connected to the outside antenna pins.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just finished this mod. I didn't do the sensors though. I originally ordered an aftermarket fob for $50 guaranteed to work. It worked about 85% if of the time starting the truck. Unlock distance varied but it had a random problem finding the key inside the vehicle to start the truck(had to touch the fob to the button to start). I did get an oem fob with the ram logo on the back. I haven't had any issue with that one at all. Found it on ebay for the same price and the generic. Just an FYI on what I have experienced with this mod.

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used alfa to check and it finds all antennas but when I use it to locate keys it has a hard time finding keys.
It never finds them outside the truck and I have to place key basically center truck for it to find key in truck. I've tried 2 hubs and 3 keys. 1 used hub which had same issue with keys and 1 new hub. All 3 keys are used oem but guaranteed to work.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a helper, get in the truck with them holding the fob far away from the truck. Press the brake pedal to get the fob not near message then have then walk towards one of the door handles and see when (if) the fob is now found.

Multiple hubs not working and the fact the fob needs to be centered inside... Is it possible the door antenna are wired to the cabin antenna leads?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk