How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright guys need some input. I had everything working once I installed the passive entry and working fine minus the C151 code. I got it cleared finally about a month ago but now... no matter what I do I cant get the tmps sensors to read at all. Any ideas? Confident its something I did while trying to clear the code. Also does anyone know exactly which items I would need on/off for the tmps system? Just want to make sure I didn't turn something on or off that I wasn't supposed too.

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just want to thank everybody on this post just got my keyless go done today i have everything for passive entry just lazy to take apart my doors bit so far keyless go is workin perfect

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright guys need some input. I had everything working once I installed the passive entry and working fine minus the C151 code. I got it cleared finally about a month ago but now... no matter what I do I cant get the tmps sensors to read at all. Any ideas? Confident its something I did while trying to clear the code. Also does anyone know exactly which items I would need on/off for the tmps system? Just want to make sure I didn't turn something on or off that I wasn't supposed too.

I had this same issue and it was caused by the remote start antenna. Also my key range was significantly weak.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this same issue and it was caused by the remote start antenna. Also my key range was significantly weak.

I don't seem to have a problem with either of those. They are working fine.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I didnt quite understand that fix either, unless they managed to find a new old part number hub? Since the current hubs have the remote start antenna built in....

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I didn't understand it either, but I placed my remote start antenna directly on the side of the hub then everything started working. My truck is a 2016 2500 and it had an extension wire on the harness that I tried to use. When I placed antenna on the wire I had no tpms and no key rang. After going directly to hub everything worked and I did test every time i used the extension everything stoped working.

Might not be same issue for you but I'd check the antenna if it's not built into your hub.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't understand it either, but I placed my remote start antenna directly on the side of the hub then everything started working. My truck is a 2016 2500 and it had an extension wire on the harness that I tried to use. When I placed antenna on the wire I had no tpms and no key rang. After going directly to hub everything worked and I did test every time i used the extension everything stoped working.

Might not be same issue for you but I'd check the antenna if it's not built into your hub.

Honestly it act like an antenna problem. But my remote start was built in.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If I wanted to activate keyless entry on a truck with power locks like a 2011 where would I perform this in alfaobd on a 2011 ram 2500? In the RKE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If I wanted to activate keyless entry on a truck with power locks like a 2011 where would I perform this in alfaobd on a 2011 ram 2500? In the RKE?

I’m not 100% on a 2011, and I don’t have alfa with me right now, but on 2013+ rams, it would be VehicleConfig 3- RKE system present.

Jason Flanigan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly it act like an antenna problem. But my remote start was built in.

With it being built in not sure how to test it easily. Alpha never said I had an antenna issue. No matter how I had it hooked up it always read it as present and when I ran the remote start antenna test it said it was good.

If you have alpha I'd try the antenna test just to see what it comes back with.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With it being built in not sure how to test it easily. Alpha never said I had an antenna issue. No matter how I had it hooked up it always read it as present and when I ran the remote start antenna test it said it was good.

If you have alpha I'd try the antenna test just to see what it comes back with.

I’ll try it again. It’s been a month or so but i want to say I did the antenna test. But I don’t remember what it said.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m not 100% on a 2011, and I don’t have alfa with me right now, but on 2013+ rams, it would be VehicleConfig 3- RKE system present.

We have tried to set rke to present and still nothing. Could it not be taking the change for one reason or another?

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
We have tried to set rke to present and still nothing. Could it not be taking the change for one reason or another?

I guess I should ask, you’ve already added the correct win module and key fobs (basically, the factory remote start kit for 2011s), correct?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I guess I should ask, you’ve already added the correct win module and key fobs (basically, the factory remote start kit for 2011s), correct?

Its not my truck so idk, ill have to ask. All I know is its a ram ST with power door locks.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Its not my truck so idk, ill have to ask. All I know is its a ram ST with power door locks.

At the very least, the win module needs to be changed, along with a fob.

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just finished my truck and i have a an extra set of handles push button nd all the antenas with pigtails any offers handles are silver

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
.95a56ce6c524584fe8a7637e9e2a3d39.jpg

We just finished my buddy's silver 19 Bighorn Classic. Those would have definitely come in handy. Took a while to get the parts especially interior antennas. You might want to list them in the for sale section to get more exposure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just finished my truck and i have a an extra set of handles push button nd all the antenas with pigtails any offers handles are silver

.95a56ce6c524584fe8a7637e9e2a3d39.jpg

I might be interested if these haven't sold yet. Not really interested in the door handles though.

BZ2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Getting ready to start this project. Just a few questions.

Are we still butting the door antenna on the B pillars?

Are we still pulling the wires through the boot for the door handles? Wasn't there a connector kit that we could have pinned to the door harness connector?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963