How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Double check your door handle wiring. Sounds like the there is an issue between the door handle and the hub. Make sure they are pinned to the hub correctly and the handle correctly as well. If it’s easy enough for you to switch up the wires at the handle try that. Maybe you have the sensor and return switched.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, probably not your issue but I had problems with my passenger door handle and it turned out I crushed the wiring under my back seat when I reinstalled it. Once I moved the wiring out of the way it fixed my problem.

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Hemi
Engine
5.0 Hemi
Awesome write up!!!

I need help. I have everything installed and cannot get my key fob to to program.

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing that doesn't make sense is its only throwing a code for the driver side. Therefore shouldn't the passenger side be working? And its not

@DoughRat19

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, new key. How long does it usually take before the fob is programmed?
We've had exactly the same thing happen with a new fob. Luckily STecoD has a tool that can tell if the fob is sending a signal when the lock or unlock was pressed. The fob was defective so the tool wasn't receiving the signal from the fob to start programming. Not saying that's what's going on with your situation but it's a possibility. We ended up trying the other fob he had bought and it programmed without any issues.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi
What fob did you buy?

From the Amazon link in the first post?
Yes, I bought the Amazon remote and one off of eBay original ram remote. The one from Amazon gets an error not Receiving signal. The one from eBay looks like it it sends a signal but for some reason it is not finishing the program. How can you tell if the added antennas front and rear are working?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I bought the Amazon remote and one off of eBay original ram remote. The one from Amazon gets an error not Receiving signal. The one from eBay looks like it it sends a signal but for some reason it is not finishing the program. How can you tell if the added antennas front and rear are working?

Alfa can run an antenna test.

What @Ricks Ram mentioned is exactly what happened to me....I had purchased one Amazon keyfob and one Ebay keyfob. Tried the Ebay one first and nothing happened...it never reported back to Alfa anything. Tried the Amazon one and it worked but IIRC I did not get a "programming complete" message...I tried to do it again and Alfa reported the key was already programmed. It has worked fine ever since.

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi

What @Ricks Ram mentioned is exactly what happened to me....I had purchased one Amazon keyfob and one Ebay keyfob. Tried the Ebay one first and nothing happened...it never reported back to Alfa anything. Tried the Amazon one and it worked but IIRC I did not get a "programming complete" message...I tried to do it again and Alfa reported the key was already programmed. It has worked fine ever since.
How do you know if the Amazon remote is sending a signal?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you know if the Amazon remote is sending a signal?

I did not know, I dont have anything to use to "see" the signal. I let the process go for 5 minutes or so then closed out the Alfa app. Then tried to do it again and the Alfa app told me the key was already programmed. After that I tried using the key and it worked fine.

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi
I did not know, I dont have anything to use to "see" the signal. I let the process go for 5 minutes or so then closed out the Alfa app. Then tried to do it again and the Alfa app told me the key was already programmed. After that I tried using the key and it worked fine.

61189D1F-EAC6-4B3A-84E6-8AD059A6BA31.jpeg

A76FB674-5F49-487F-9F83-66EB9665A203.jpeg

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi

3E6CD72C-34FD-4911-8BCA-D4BCBE0F27C3.jpeg