How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Hemi
Engine
5.0 Hemi
Think you got a 5th gen fob not a 4th gen.
Thank you, I think I got this figured out. The remote I have is the fifth GEN. And the one I got from Amazon peers to be defective. I have another fob coming out this Thursday from Amazon.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi
Oops that's no good!

Try this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7DWR7F

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Awesome, this is the replacement one that’s coming tomorrow. Hopefully this solves my issues. Do you know how I can check my antennas and door handles to make sure they’re working through AlfaOBD?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, this is the replacement one that’s coming tomorrow. Hopefully this solves my issues. Do you know how I can check my antennas and door handles to make sure they’re working through AlfaOBD?

Same place you go to program the fobs, higher up on the list there are Door Handle Verification and LF antenna tests.

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi

OK, Amazon just dropped off my new remote and I’m still getting the same error code. Do you happen to know how to resolve this issue?

C32C8BEC-DD56-4A45-A0BB-82C5889AA2ED.jpeg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, Amazon just dropped off my new remote and I’m still getting the same error code. Do you happen to know how to resolve this issue?

View attachment 235498

Is the truck ignition in the correct mode? (I forget if its ACC or RUN)

I would run the antenna tests first, if the cabin antennae are not working correctly it wont be able to "read" the new fob.

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got it done. Works perfectly! So my issue ended up being the c2 connector. I put one of the wires in upside down. When I plugged the wire harness into the rf module, it pushed one of the module pins into the module. Thank goodness it didn't break the pin and I was able to pull it back out about 3/4 of the way without breaking the pin. Even though it was just the pin for the driver side handle, it effected both handles. By fixing the pin, it fixed both handles. This mod was definitely worth the headache and the 3 days spend in the 30 degree garage. Lol. I went ahead and did the back seat mod as well since I had to take the back seat out again.

THIS FORUM is awesome! I appreciate all the help! Especially @DoughRat19 and @skuppy069

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I would run the antenna tests first, if the cabin antennae are not working correctly it wont be able to "read" the new fob.

I did mine in the run mode

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Random question. Can you use a turn key fob with the Push Start RF Hub if you only install the hub but don’t change any settings with Alfaobd.

Say someone wants to add factory remote start and may want to do push start down the road. Just wondering if they can kill two birds with one stone. Buy the Hub now and use it for remote start only and then maybe upgrade to push start later (programming a new fob to the new hub of course).

Last edited:

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Random question. Can you use a turn key fob with the Push Start RF Hub if you only install the hub but don’t change any settings with Alfaobd.

Say someone wants to add factory remote start and may want to do push start down the road. Just wondering if they can kill two birds with one stone. Buy the Hub now and use it for remote start only and then maybe upgrade to push start later (programming a new fob to the new hub of course).
You would need new keys as the old keys would be married to the old rf hub .
A tip key would not work as the KIN is different on the push to start versus the standard tip key kin

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi

Can I get you to program a receiver hub and 1 key, then ship it to me?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I get you to program a receiver hub and 1 key, then ship it to me?

I don’t think that is possible. I believe the Hub married to your VIN so you can’t put it in one truck to program a fob and then reinstall it in another truck. Although, I am not sure how ATE does it without having to use Alfaobd.

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.0 Hemi
did you run the antenna tests to confirm they are working?
Yes I did and they are working. I am remaking the harness from scratch. What receiver hub should I use for my 2019 ram classic?