How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexxn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I just ordered the kit from Auto Tech Electronic, I like the the idea of not having to make wiring harnesses or mess with AlfaOBD.

I will report back after the install !

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just ordered the kit from Auto Tech Electronic, I like the the idea of not having to make wiring harnesses or mess with AlfaOBD.

If you don’t change any settings with alpha make sure you don’t leave the keys in the truck and use the door handle to lock the keys

Alexxn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
If you don’t change any settings with alpha make sure you don’t leave the keys in the truck and use the door handle to lock the keys

When ordering they ask for my VIN and other options. The hub already comes programmed for the truck and the included Fobs etc.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When ordering they ask for my VIN and other options. The hub already comes programmed for the truck and the included Fobs etc.

There are 1 or 2 things that are unique to the BCM (not the RF hub that they send you). If you have an AlfaOBD setup to use, you can enable those features....the Auto Tech kit cannot do so because they do not have your actual BCM to work with.

The features in question are related to making sure the keys cannot get locked inside the truck.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
They just use the Vin so they can get the correct 4 digit code into it .
There will be a ecu mismatch in the rf hub as your bcm will not have the settings ie keyless go etc in it, that gets pulled into the rf hub when you do a rf hub reset .
It will still work but will have errors etc .

Adam Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Hemi
Engine
5.0 Hemi
I’d like to thank everybody that helped me out with this mod. I almost gave up, actually I did and I ripped out the wire harnesses out of my truck! Then I realize I spent too much on all the other parts to give up. After rebuilding another harness I finally got it working!

Looking back at doing this modification it wasn’t that bad pretty easy. Thank you all that helped me!!

Mike-D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm at the reset hub step but I'm getting a "The programed FOBIK is not inside the vehicle" error. I go to program the fob and it says it's already learned. I can unlock/lock the doors with the FOB. While I was programming the FOB it was stuck for 10mins so I canceled out. Anything I can try besides purchasing another FOB?

Finally got it working. I think it was a combo of a connection issue on the console antenna and me not putting the remote I am programming on the center console lid vs the front of the console. I purchased a obdlink but the cheap Chinese obd scanner worked the same so I think the obdlink is going back.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I almost went this way as well. I talked to them and they were very helpful. They were pretty much the only way to go before the Alfa tool came out. I decided to build the harness and enable the codes with the Alfa after Jimmy07 did the writeup. I wanted the push to start icon to come up on my evic when I touch the handle and I wanted the option to turn the proximity handles off in the radio settings menu. I can turn them off when I wash the truck so they aren't constantly flashing on and off. I also like not being able to lock my keys in the truck with the Fobic safe feature. Auto Tech Electronics makes a nice system too so nothing wrong with going that way at all plus you won't need to build the harness. Pretty sure you could enable the codes with the Alfa if you ever decided you wanted to in the future.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I almost went this way as well. I talked to them and they were very helpful. They were pretty much the only way to go before the Alfa tool came out. I decided to build the harness and enable the codes with the Alfa after Jimmy07 did the writeup. I wanted the push to start icon to come up on my evic when I touch the handle and I wanted the option to turn the proximity handles off in the radio settings menu. I can turn them off when I wash the truck so they aren't constantly flashing on and off. I also like not being able to lock my keys in the truck with the Fobic safe feature. Auto Tech Electronics makes a nice system too so nothing wrong with going that way at all plus you won't need to build the harness. Pretty sure you could enable the codes with the Alfa if you ever decided you wanted to in the future.

Yes I believe we had a member or two in this thread realize what codes were missing and we were able to walk them thru enabling them. Easiest way to notice something was missing was that "Push brake to start" wont come up "out of the box" on the Auto Tech kit. A more painful lesson is that the fob can be locked in the truck "out of the box" with the Auto Tech kit.

Alexxn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Yes I believe we had a member or two in this thread realize what codes were missing and we were able to walk them thru enabling them. Easiest way to notice something was missing was that "Push brake to start" wont come up "out of the box" on the Auto Tech kit. A more painful lesson is that the fob can be locked in the truck "out of the box" with the Auto Tech kit.

Well after reading the replies I ordered a bypass cable and a friend has AlphaOBD and a module to connect. I’m assuming if I enable all the keyless entry and push start features before installing the parts I should be good to go ?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after reading the replies I ordered a bypass cable and a friend has AlphaOBD and a module to connect. I’m assuming if I enable all the keyless entry and push start features before installing the parts I should be good to go ?
I'm thinking you should be ok because these codes are in the BCM and not the RF hub. I'm not sure what will happen if you enable the proximity entry code in the CSM menu to turn them on and off since Auto Tech figured out a way to make them work without enabling the code but it's worth a shot just to see if you can turn the feature on and off. It honestly makes it nicer at the car wash. The truck locks and unlocks every time the water stream hits the handles. I would definitely try enabling the push button start code and you should get the correct push button to start code in the evic. I'm assuming you already have the 7" speedometer but I think I read somewhere it showed up on a 3.5" speedometer but I haven't personally seen it. I would also think the Fobik safe enable should work as well. Definitely let us know how it goes as some guys might want to go this route instead of building their own harness. I would recommend getting it all installed and working and then try enabling the codes so you can back track if you have any issues but I doubt you will have any.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking you should be ok because these codes are in the BCM and not the RF hub. I'm not sure what will happen if you enable the proximity entry code in the CSM menu to turn them on and off since Auto Tech figured out a way to make them work without enabling the code but it's worth a shot just to see if you can turn the feature on and off. It honestly makes it nicer at the car wash. The truck locks and unlocks every time the water stream hits the handles. I would definitely try enabling the push button start code and you should get the correct push button to start code in the evic. I'm assuming you already have the 7" speedometer but I think I read somewhere it showed up on a 3.5" speedometer but I haven't personally seen it. I would also think the Fobik safe enable should work as well. Definitely let us know how it goes as some guys might want to go this route instead of building their own harness. I would recommend getting it all installed and working and then try enabling the codes so you can back track if you have any issues but I doubt you will have any.

I actually started making harnesses for this upgrade. The only factory parts I don’t use/have are the connector for the jumper cable in the front doors (for the life of me I. Any find them so I’m just using molex connectors) and the missing green connector for the Regular Cabs (there isn’t enough open positions in the gray connector to pin the antenna and door handle so a second connector on the passenger side is required) but I was able to source a connector that can be used in its place.

Alexxn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel

I'm definitely going to try and see what happens, I appreciate all of the info !

Alexxn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel

So just a follow up -

I ended up using AplhaOBD to enable everything (keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe enable, and passive entry CSM) and THEN I installed everything from the AutoTechElectronics kit. Everything works as it should and this gave me the opportunity to use AlphaOBD as well as taking apart interior panels etc.

Thanks for everyones help with this !

Lakazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
Just to confirm this is all I need from Mopar. I am not doing door handles as the price skyrockets in the land of Canada.
68319680AE Hub Receiver
56046958AA Passive Entry Antenna x 2
6CK46DX9AC Ignition Switch

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to confirm this is all I need from Mopar. I am not doing door handles as the price skyrockets in the land of Canada.
68319680AE Hub Receiver
56046958AA Passive Entry Antenna x 2
6CK46DX9AC Ignition Switch

confirmed

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just curious, I ordered my hub, push button, antennas and driver handle on January 2nd from allmoparparts and then a couple weeks later I was told the hub was on a 30 day national backorder, so I told them to do a partial shipment. So then I ordered a new hub off ebay which showed up pretty quickly, but I still don't have the rest of the parts.

A couple of weeks ago I was told the pushbutton was now backordered.. How long is it taking you guys to get parts?

Can I just install the new hub without doing anything else just to make sure it works and then add in the rest of the parts if I ever get them?

I can't see why this wouldn't work but I figured I'd ask..

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious, I ordered my hub, push button, antennas and driver handle on January 2nd from allmoparparts and then a couple weeks later I was told the hub was on a 30 day national backorder, so I told them to do a partial shipment. So then I ordered a new hub off ebay which showed up pretty quickly, but I still don't have the rest of the parts.

A couple of weeks ago I was told the pushbutton was now backordered.. How long is it taking you guys to get parts?

Can I just install the new hub without doing anything else just to make sure it works and then add in the rest of the parts if I ever get them?

I can't see why this wouldn't work but I figured I'd ask..

New hub would be for push start and if you didn’t have the push start installed it wouldn’t work.

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for the response. I guess I will have to wait unfortunately...

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Has anyone got a push button a complete set of keys and the RF module from salvage yard and made this work. All parts are from the same vehicle

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963