How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone got a push button a complete set of keys and the RF module from salvage yard and made this work. All parts are from the same vehicle

Pretty sure the RF hub is vin specific. So while all the components would work together, there would be a communication error due to mis-matched vins between truck and RF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
So this would not work? Can I reprogram it? Mine is an 18 and this all cam out of a 16. If I have the keys can they be reprogrammed if I get a new RF module?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this would not work? Can I reprogram it? Mine is an 18 and this all cam out of a 16. If I have the keys can they be reprogrammed if I get a new RF module?

Only the dealer and locksmiths who pay for the privilege can clear the keyfobs for reuse.

Rf hub in not sure about.

You're better off buying brand new parts just to be sure. The Keyless Option brand fobs from Amazon seem to work well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Yes please send me the link

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I bought one Amazon fob and one factory Mopar for when I did mine. The Amazon does work fine for me but the Mopar seems way more consistent. The big thing I noticed is the range on the fob for lock/unlock and remote start. The Amazon fob I had to be probably 15-20 feet away from the truck for it to work, the Mopar I can be easily 3-4 times further for it to work.

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Can the factory key fobs from another ram be reprogrammed to another truck? I have 2 extra fobs from a buddy that traded his truck in and has 2 left over he gave me.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can the factory key fobs from another ram be reprogrammed to another truck? I have 2 extra fobs from a buddy that traded his truck in and has 2 left over he gave me.

They have to be cleared first, dealer or locksmith that pays for Mopar security access can do it, but I do not know how much they would charge.

Might be cheaper to buy new, generic fobs from Ebay or Amazon.

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I finally got the rest of my parts from Mopar last week so I was able to get the push button start working over the weekend.

Originally I ordered the hub from Mopar, but it was on national backorder att the time, so I picked one up on ebay listed as "new takefoff".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2015-...-/114554138053?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

If I knew then what I do now I'm not sure if would have bought it as I think new take off would imply that it was used on another vehicle, even if only for a few hundred miles.

Regardless, it works fine for me. Remote start works as well.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally got the rest of my parts from Mopar last week so I was able to get the push button start working over the weekend.

Originally I ordered the hub from Mopar, but it was on national backorder att the time, so I picked one up on ebay listed as "new takefoff".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2015-...-/114554138053?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

If I knew then what I do now I'm not sure if would have bought it as I think new take off would imply that it was used on another vehicle, even if only for a few hundred miles.

Regardless, it works fine for me. Remote start works as well.

Interesting!

Im not sure anyone has tried a used RF hub before. I believe there is a VIN write procedure for it in AlfaOBD, that might be what is necessary to use a used RF hub in a different truck.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone confirm what year the RF Hubs started being produced with an internal antenna?

I built a harness for a guy who bought the Push Start only kit from ATE. He had issues with it and wanted to upgrade to passive entry. I built him a harness and he ordered the rest of the parts he needed. After the install he is still having issues. He has a 2017 Ram which I believe comes with an RF Hub with the built in antenna. He sent me a pic of the hub that ATE sent him and I noticed it had the little pink connector on the side for an external antenna! I ran the P/N on it and it is for a 2015 Ram. Pretty sure that is his issue right there (poor signal) but wanted confirmation on the year the Hubs were changed to be 100% sure.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So without a doubt ATE is sending him the wrong hub. They are sending him an older hub that requires an external antenna even though his original hub was a new style with the internal antenna so his truck isn’t wired up with the external antenna!

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was under the impression that starting in the second half of 2017 everything had the internal antenna.

Not sure exactly what build dates it started with though..

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was under the impression that starting in the second half of 2017 everything had the internal antenna.

Not sure exactly what build dates it started with though..

My 2017 was built in September of 2016 and had the internal antenna.

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Interesting!

Im not sure anyone has tried a used RF hub before. I believe there is a VIN write procedure for it in AlfaOBD, that might be what is necessary to use a used RF hub in a different truck.

Yeah, it makes me wonder if you would be able to use the original keys that were paired with the hub as well.

I didn't really have any issues at all getting the hub to work. It initially wouldn't let me do the hub reset but the error said it didn't detect a key, even though it just programmed it and I didn't move it.

Once I started the truck and it died twice I was able to perform the reset.

Not sure that had anything to do with it being used, but that's the only issue I ran into.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I went back through the pictures the guy sent me when I was trouble shooting with him. Sure enough, his original hub had the internal antenna (no pink connector on it). Then I came across the pic he sent me of the new hub and clear as day, bright pink connector on the side of it. Well that explains his terrible fob signal! He had no antenna.

Steven Granger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have to reset the RF hub?
I added the start button and programed 2 keys.
It's working top notch and I did not reset the hub

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have to reset the RF hub?
I added the start button and programed 2 keys.
It's working top notch and I did not reset the hub

Crapshoot.

I never had to reset my RF hub after adding the keyless enter n go. The fact it worked without reset kinda worried me (like, what will happen if I actually DO reset it now?) but its been fine for almost 2 years now.