How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have to reset the RF hub?
I added the start button and programed 2 keys.
It's working top notch and I did not reset the hub
I've done a few of these and it seems to be hit and miss. I've had do do a reset a few times. The truck would start and then die. After the reset it worked normally. It could be a coincidence but it seemed to happen on the newer trucks we did more than the earlier versions but who knows?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Lakazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
Hey guys - Just finished the mod but having some issues.

my remote start isn't working (factory)it starts the blowers but engine doesn't run , Sirius XM disappeared and back up cam is now gone and doesn't show my passengers heated seats , it appears to have changed my unconnect ? I don't even see back up cam/heated seats in my options anymore.

2019 classic if it matters.

Last edited:

Lakazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
I turned off “vehicle configuration 5 wait to start” and the remote start works now... so I’m not really sure what to do if that setting is needed but doesn’t work with remote start
This just fixed my remote start in my 2019 classic.
Now to figure out back up cam and SXM. Lol

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys - Just finished the mod but having some issues.

my remote start isn't working (factory)it starts the blowers but engine doesn't run , Sirius XM disappeared and back up cam is now gone and doesn't show my passengers heated seats , it appears to have changed my unconnect ? I don't even see back up cam/heated seats in my options anymore.

2019 classic if it matters.
It will come back .
Probably two or three key cycles etc .
Two hours in between each key cycles

Lakazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
It will come back .
Probably two or three key cycles etc .
Two hours in between each key cycles

Do you think I need "“vehicle configuration 5 wait to start”" to use my OEM remote start? It wasn't working until I made this change. Maybe it's on a delay as well?

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you think I need "“vehicle configuration 5 wait to start”" to use my OEM remote start? It wasn't working until I made this change. Maybe it's on a delay as well?
I think that is only used on the diesel trucks .
What all did you turn on with alpha ?

Lakazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
I think that is only used on the diesel trucks .
What all did you turn on with alpha ?
keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe enable, and passive entry CSM and wait to start.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you drive around after the install by chance before you tried the remote start ?
Also did you do a rf hub reset with alpha ?

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe enable, and passive entry CSM and wait to start.

I really feel the wait to start should not be enabled on your ram classic .
If you connect to the rf hub are there any fault codes

Lakazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
I really feel the wait to start should not be enabled on your ram classic .
If you connect to the rf hub are there any fault codes
Drove about 10 mins, that fixed my tire sensors. Did 2 resets, another about 2hours later with no success. So I enabled wait to start - and it worked for my remote start. I ran a log 10 mins ago and it looks like it turned itself off ?
Hmm. Looks like my back up cam is back too, maybe tomorrow SXM will be back. I'll check for error codes in the morning.
d17200001ddebeea833d8fc6e11634ce.jpg

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
This just fixed my remote start in my 2019 classic.
Now to figure out back up cam and SXM. Lol

I have a 2018 ecodiesel and I have wait to start off on mine. To my understanding from the guys on here, wait to start only needs to be on for the 3/4 ton and up diesel trucks not the ecodiesel. If yours is a 19 classic with the hemi, it should definitely be off. I didn’t have any issues with the back up camera or SXM though

Lakazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
Okay, so I went out and ran logs again - Not showing showing wait to start present, still. I think it disabled since I don't have a diesel.
The codes it was throwing was Passive 1 & 2 - I didn't do passive entry, so I am assuming that's why.
I'll attach a comparison of my logs.

Remote Start is functional still & my SXM came back.

LOG.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Lonestar. Just wondering , since the new Rams have push button start, do they make a kit or add on for push button start for mine?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram does not make a kit but that is what this thread is about. You can do it yourself with OEM parts, a harness, and alfaobd.

jdsnmbr7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just wanted to post to say thank you.
My RF hub was the last piece, 'cause I ordered it late after misunderstanding the post. It all works great with no issues.
Keyless entry and keyless go, awesome. Took a weekend and was similar to installing a radio other than alfa which is an awesome piece of software.

Thanks to everyone here.

Alexxn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I'd like to take the time to give a shout out to Matt (DoughRat19) for all his assistance with getting my keyless entry and push to start features going. I started off with a push to start kit from ATE and quite frankly it wasn't complete in my opinion. They didn't recommend any changes in AlphaOBD (certain important features don't work without it) and also there isn't much to be desired with the quality of their wiring harnesses.

Fast forward to when I bought a harness from Matt. What a world of difference ! The quality is that of OEM and just looking at installed you'd think it was original. His prices are very fair, he provides great instructions, and he was always available to answer texts, etc when I was doing the install.

If I were to do it all over again I would have just purchased the parts myself from Benny at www.allmoparparts.com and the harness from Matt.

Beerbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi All. New to this forum. I just did the push button start upgrade. I really wanted to thank Jimmy 07 and all others for the endless time consuming contributions for the how to. I've been an avid user of the software since it came out so that was no issue. Thanks again

deathbyburito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Got all my parts ordered. Waiting for them to arrive then I will either be thanking everyone on here or cursing them depending on how the install goes. :)

Pretty exited to have it in the Ram as I've gotten used to not having to try and figure out what pocket I put my keys in when driving my wife's van.