How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remember the Quad Cab and Crew Cab antennas mount in different locations. This is where the Quad Cab mounts. f9333044a76009802cb46f4efe03b57a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure I mounted mine a little more towards the center of the rear door in an open area. No issues with range, so zero motivation to get back in there lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone for you help on this! I got everything installed but the passenger side front door handle. I ran out of wire harness tape so waiting on that before I finish it up. I just need to finish off the small section of wire harness I have from the door handle to just outside of the little view window with the big rubber piece you can remove to see the window track. I’m connecting the wiring there with the molex connectors. Everything is working great so far! I love it.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I confirmed success to soon. My passenger side door handle is not working. I’m not getting any faults, does anyone have any suggestions?

As you can see in the picture, I did use the molex connector And when I disconnect it, I do end up getting a fault for that door. Do you think I possible cross the wiring up? If so I can reverse them at the molex connector and see if that does anything.

92B39290-B324-4A8A-BDEE-68C49A8C0234.jpeg

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got it! My passenger side wiring was pinch when I bolted the back seat down. I unbolted the seat to look at my wiring and miraculously it started working. Bolted the seat back, it stopped working. That’s when I realized I was pinching the wiring. Slight reroute of the wiring and I’m all good. Install is officially complete!

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just finished my install, and ABSOLUTELY love it!!!!! I can't thank everyone enough for all the input, ideas, concerns, etc. throughout this thread.

My truck is a bit different and Chrysler does not make the proximity handles in my color, so I searched for the cheapest ones possible (happened to be the pre-painted SUBLIME color, maybe overstock IDK) but I got all 4 handles for roughly $90 bucks shipped, that was 2 front proximity and 2 rear painted handles. Then I completely disassembled them, had them painted, reassembled, hooked everything up and now its all GTG.

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got it! My passenger side wiring was pinch when I bolted the back seat down. I unbolted the seat to look at my wiring and miraculously it started working. Bolted the seat back, it stopped working. That’s when I realized I was pinching the wiring. Slight reroute of the wiring and I’m all good. Install is officially complete!

What do you think you spent in total cost?>

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you think you spent in total cost?>

I’m into it for about $650. Would have been a little cheaper if I didn’t have to replace all 4 door handles. The proximity handles only come painted and the handles on my truck were textured black plastic. So I had to replace the rears (about $90 USD) as well to match the new proximity handles.

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish I could add keyless proximity entry to my tailgate. At least with the same little button I have in front handles. Anyone can offer some tips?

Last edited:

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone got any extra parts from their build, I will probably do this in spring/summer. Let me know

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone got any extra parts from their build, I will probably do this in spring/summer. Let me know

Its not much but if you end up finding the door handle connectors, I have a bunch of leftover terminals for them.

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I’ve been reading threw this post over the past few weeks and I’m going to give it a shot. Hopefully get everything ordered today.

Does anyone know how to find what handle part number matches my paint code?

Also, has anyone done this on an Ecodiesel yet? I’m assuming everything will be the same, just wasn’t sure if any additional wiring would be needed to the ignition switch because of the glow plugs.

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’ve been reading threw this post over the past few weeks and I’m going to give it a shot. Hopefully get everything ordered today.

Also, has anyone done this on an Ecodiesel yet? I’m assuming everything will be the same, just wasn’t sure if any additional wiring would be needed to the ignition switch because of the glow plugs.

I just did this to my 2015 2500 Cummins and there was no difference that I found.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Here are the codes for the door handles for my 2019 Classic. MBJ is the paint code in the part number so switch that for your paint code and see what you get. These were solid color handles, no chrome. If you look them up on factorychryslerparts.com the description will list the paint color (for whatever reason not all mopar sites list that in the description).

A7750621-2D37-490D-A1D8-1A28BD25D745.jpeg

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Here are the codes for the door handles for my 2019 Classic. MBJ is the paint code in the part number so switch that for your paint code and see what you get. These were solid color handles, no chrome. If you look them up on factorychryslerparts.com the description will list the paint color (for whatever reason not all mopar sites list that in the description).

View attachment 227849
Thanks! I looked on factorychryslelrpart.com and was able to find my paint color in the description. Looks like I'll be needing the AXR paint code for Brilliant Black

Kurt B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have added all the Keyless entry and push button start into my 2016 Ram 4500 and have gotten everything to work, but my door handles will work for only about 5 minutes after I hook the batteries back up. I have Two keys programmed to a new RF hub and like I said everything works, but then my handles just stop working. Any tips or tricks to make then stay functioning. I have read that I can do an RF hub reset but I don’t know if that will wipe everything out of the hub that I have configured.. ie keys programmed, and etc.. I don’t want to kill anything or make my truck not driveable to where I have to buy another hub and set of keys.

k_gomez17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Does anyone have any extra antenna terminals, door connectors, or door connector terminals laying around they’re willing to sell? I’d hate to buy so many extra, but not having any luck finding smaller quantities.