How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
He kept the base from his old handle and just swapped out the actual handle. There is a magnet on the base of the passive entry ones so he had to pull the magnet from the passive entry base and add it to his non-passive entry base because that was the base he used. Hopefully that makes sense. If you look at the underside of the passive entry base, you will see a little white plastic down in a cevasse, that is the magnet.

with all that said, you would only have the same issue as him if you took apart your passive entry handle and used your original base on the install.
That is exactly what I did and I just pulled the old handles and found the two magnets in the old bases!! Looks like I will be pulling my doors apart to resolve the issue. Thanks for the help on this! I am including a couple pictures of where the magnets are located.

F732C754-2E4D-40E5-9C45-65A7C5AB3EC8.jpeg

52C5AEBA-849A-4B70-BBD3-042F0A394744.jpeg

deathbyburito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Yep. Those are the ones. Your handles will work great once you put them in the door handles. Really annoying issue to figure out. Glad you still had the old handles and you were able to find the magnets.

oldmitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L cummins
Good catch - although from what I've read throughout this thread, once the keys and RF Hub are paired to a truck, not usable on other ones (keys maybe if you get locksmith to unpair).

I'm waiting to start mine once I get the parts.. would have been in the same boat as I've ordered the same RF unit as you had, and mines a manual as well.

Have you ordered/received/installed the new one yet?

I didn't end up ordering it. I just used what I bought. It turns out the ONLY thing keeping it from working was the hub not knowing that it was safe to turn the engine over (neutral safety switch vs clutch safety switch). SO, I just disconnect the yellow/grey starter wire from the bottom of the fuze box, and ran it through my own relay, with a switch in the cab. And now I have a fully functioning push-two-buttons start setup!

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a manual too can you please show some detailed photos of what you did

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I ordered the hub that's supposed to support a manual we'll see what happens

oldmitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L cummins
I ordered the hub that's supposed to support a manual we'll see what happens

Nice! Let me know if it works!

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures while I had it all apart. And I don't have time to tear it all apart again. All I did was remove the fuse box, and pull the the wire that goes from the starter relay, down to the starter. It's a 12ga wire, yellow, with grey stripe. I just wired it to a switch in the cab. Pretty straight forward. When you pull your fuse box, you'll see the yellow wire coming out of the - I think - grey connector, directly under the starter relay.

It needs a 12 volt supply, to activate the solenoid on the starter. You could also just disconnect that yellow/grey wire AT the starter, and wire your switch from there. I didn't because wanted to leave the stock connector attached to the starter. I also want to be able to revert back to stock. If you're not concerned with doing that, you can cut and wire any way you feel like.

Last edited:

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah that would actually be super easy but I'm going to see if the right hub fixes it first if it don't I might just go back to regular keyed

Maybe someday I'll switch out and add the passive entry then it might be worth it

oldmitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L cummins
Yeah that would actually be super easy but I'm going to see if the right hub fixes it first if it don't I might just go back to regular keyed

Maybe someday I'll switch out and add the passive entry then it might be worth it

Let me know if it works. I might be interested in getting the right parts, someday.

TRRUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I didn't end up ordering it. I just used what I bought. It turns out the ONLY thing keeping it from working was the hub not knowing that it was safe to turn the engine over (neutral safety switch vs clutch safety switch). SO, I just disconnect the yellow/grey starter wire from the bottom of the fuze box, and ran it through my own relay, with a switch in the cab. And now I have a fully functioning push-two-buttons start setup!

Great thinking out of the box.

I ended up ordering a manual transmission receiver.. hopefully it works - (Mines a 2016 - 68245481AE). No ETA from them so we'll see in a couple months or whenever it decides to show up..

Kurt B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yep. Those are the ones. Your handles will work great once you put them in the door handles. Really annoying issue to figure out. Glad you still had the old handles and you were able to find the magnets.
Took the handles off this weekend and added the magnets to both and it works perfect now.. Thanks again for the Help!!

deathbyburito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Took the handles off this weekend and added the magnets to both and it works perfect now.. Thanks again for the Help!!

Awesome. I know it bothered the crap out of me when everything seemed right and they would keep failing.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured I’d share something interested I recently experienced with my push start. I have a ‘19 Classic with the 8.4 UAS radio with CarPlay. I recently bought a wireless dongle so I wouldn’t have to plug in my phone to use the CarPlay. I was also looking into a wireless charger just so I could charge and use CarPlay without wires. Anyway, I got a charger that is a phone cradle that sits in your cup holder (I have a jump seat with 3 cup holders).

Long story short, the wireless charger is wreaking havoc on the internal antennas picking up my fob. Anytime someone gets in or out of my truck and my phone is charging, as soon as the door opens the truck looks for the fob but can’t pick it up. I have to take the fob off the charger and usually just open and close the door or hit a button on the fob for the truck to pick it up. Also, there is noticeable static from the radio when the phone is charging as well. Not sure if this would be an issue for all wireless chargers or not but just an FYI for anyone looking to add a wireless charger to their truck.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
OK command decision -sticking with Chrome.

Just placed the order with AllMoparParts - thanks @Jimmy07 and @AllMoparParts.com for the help!

@78Staff Would you mind sharing the part numbers for the front handles you ordered in max steel/chrome? Thinking about adding this to my truck, probably only going to do the fronts at this point.

Thanks.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
For those with the front jump seat, where did you mount the front antenna? I'm about 70 pages into the thread so far and haven't seen that info yet so thought I'd ask.

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone come across trucks that are mostly wired for this mod? I thought I saw mention of some Laramie or sport models that had some of the antenna wiring from the factory? I have a 2015 1500 Laramie and was hoping to avoid some of the wire harness work. I added the factory remote start and already had the wiring for the hood sensor so I was hoping I may have some of the wiring from the factory. Thanks in advance.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone come across trucks that are mostly wired for this mod? I thought I saw mention of some Laramie or sport models that had some of the antenna wiring from the factory? I have a 2015 1500 Laramie and was hoping to avoid some of the wire harness work. I added the factory remote start and already had the wiring for the hood sensor so I was hoping I may have some of the wiring from the factory. Thanks in advance.
There would be a possibility but you would need to pull the driver's side back seat out to check and see if it has the extra connector for the RF hub. If that wiring was present then you could work back from there to check for the rear door antenna wiring and the door handle wiring in the front doors.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hoping someone can help me out as I am lost. My passive entry was working great for the past few months and have all a sudden stop working. The push button start has done the same thing. It keeps saying, fob not detected. I put new batteries in both fobs and reset the rf module twice and still no success. The lock and unlock buttons work on the fobs but not the remote start or passive entry. I can start my truck by pushing the push button with my fob. I tried to reprogram both fobs and it states that they are already programmed.

Both fobs are the from amazon, the same ones in the OP. I feel like these issues started when I changed the camshaft and egr sensors a few months back however I'm not sure. I disconnected the battery when I changed the sensors. Not sure if that messed things up. I'm completely lost.

Any ideas? I'm hoping it's just a setting in alphaOBD

@DoughRat19 @Jimmy07 @Ricks Ram