How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hoping someone can help me out as I am lost. My passive entry was working great for the past few months and have all a sudden stop working. The push button start has done the same thing. It keeps saying, fob not detected. I put new batteries in both fobs and reset the rf module twice and still no success. The lock and unlock buttons work on the fobs but not the remote start or passive entry. I can start my truck by pushing the push button with my fob. I tried to reprogram both fobs and it states that they are already programmed.

Both fobs are the from amazon, the same ones in the OP. I feel like these issues started when I changed the camshaft and egr sensors a few months back however I'm not sure. I disconnected the battery when I changed the sensors. Not sure if that messed things up. I'm completely lost.

Any ideas? I'm hoping it's just a setting in alphaOBD

@DoughRat19 @Jimmy07 @Ricks Ram

have you connected to the RF Hub and read the faults? I would start there as it sounds like the front antenna is not picking up the fob. I would clear the faults first and then read them and post them here.

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. When I connect to the rf module, it states that everything is working okay. No faults

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@DoughRat19

Now I feel like an idiot. I just checked for codes and the following popped up; B25A9 and B1A71. The code description states battery circuit to front antenna and right door sensor. I cleared the codes, however they came right back.

Any ideas?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@DoughRat19

Now I feel like an idiot. I just checked for codes and the following popped up; B25A9 and B1A71. The code description states battery circuit to front antenna and right door sensor. I cleared the codes, however they came right back.

Any ideas?[/QUOT
@DoughRat19

Any ideas?

If it were me, first thing I would check is if the antenna issue is the antenna or wiring. Unfortunately easiest way to do that is to swap the front and rear antenna which will require you to take stuff apart. If the fault moves with the antenna then you have a bad antenna. If it stays as the front antenna then something is up with the wiring.

Kind of strange that you have two faults at the same time though unless you had the passenger door handle fault and just didn’t know it. When you did the initial install did you confirm the passenger door handle was working properly? For that one you’re gonna have to look over the wiring and see if you can find an issue. Check for pinched wires, etc. when I had my issue, my wiring was pinched under the rear seat frame. Try and think about how you ran the wiring and if you moved or changed anything that may have been close to the wiring and could have disturbed it.

JRosey56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the help. I was hoping that I didn't have to take anything apart. Ugh. Everything was working perfectly for the past few months; both driver and passenger sides.

I put the front antenna behind the rear vents in the rear of the center console.

Time to explore. Thanks again

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So what's the consensus on the door antenna placement?
Besides have to pull wires through a second set of door boots, is it easier (or just as easy) to put the antennas in the rear doors like the factory?
My harness is ready to go in so I might go ahead and pre-run that this weekend so I just have to add the connectors and mount when the parts come in on Monday.
Was leaning towards putting the antennas in the rear doors just to keep it factory like, And does anyone have a picture of where they are mounted (mega cab).

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what's the consensus on the door antenna placement?
Besides have to pull wires through a second set of door boots, is it easier (or just as easy) to put the antennas in the rear doors like the factory?
My harness is ready to go in so I might go ahead and pre-run that this weekend so I just have to add the connectors and mount when the parts come in on Monday.
Was leaning towards putting the antennas in the rear doors just to keep it factory like, And does anyone have a picture of where they are mounted (mega cab).

I believe mega cab is just like crew cab. They would mount above the speaker like this. There should be two mounting points that will line right up with antenna mounting points. Use self tapping screws.

F2DC1E63-C33B-494F-B146-48AEA8CCF0A0.jpeg

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
One more question on programming the new FOB's, saw a post a ways back that was from a service manual or something and said place the "FOB's" (plural) on the center console to program. Do you do both at once or separate starting from the beginning each time?

TRRUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Has anyone come across trucks that are mostly wired for this mod? I thought I saw mention of some Laramie or sport models that had some of the antenna wiring from the factory? I have a 2015 1500 Laramie and was hoping to avoid some of the wire harness work. I added the factory remote start and already had the wiring for the hood sensor so I was hoping I may have some of the wiring from the factory. Thanks in advance.

On my 2016 Laramie, The wiring is not present.
There are two connectors to the module, and on my truck only one is present. I made the harness as described in the original posts. Not installed yet as I'm still waiting for another module as mine requires a different one than what I ordered (Manual transmission).

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
T
On my 2016 Laramie, The wiring is not present.
There are two connectors to the module, and on my truck only one is present. I made the harness as described in the original posts. Not installed yet as I'm still waiting for another module as mine requires a different one than what I ordered (Manual transmission).

Thanks.

Anyone have any left over pins or connectors they don't need??

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One more question on programming the new FOB's, saw a post a ways back that was from a service manual or something and said place the "FOB's" (plural) on the center console to program. Do you do both at once or separate starting from the beginning each time?

not sure about programming them all at once. I did then one at a time one after the other. I just kept the other ones far away from the truck while I was programming one.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
not sure about programming them all at once. I did then one at a time one after the other. I just kept the other ones far away from the truck while I was programming one.

Thanks, I think thats what I am going to do.

Getting closer, wiring is done, just got the parts today and installed the front and driver side antennas then it started to rain so had to pause.
Tomorrow I'll mount the passenger and rear antenna then try to tackle the door handles.

Can you leave the inner door panel connections in place and just swing it to the side or do you have to remove them all?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I think thats what I am going to do.

Getting closer, wiring is done, just got the parts today and installed the front and driver side antennas then it started to rain so had to pause.
Tomorrow I'll mount the passenger and rear antenna then try to tackle the door handles.

Can you leave the inner door panel connections in place and just swing it to the side or do you have to remove them all?

You can swing it to the side but in all honesty it is easier to just completely remove it and get it out of the way. I’ve done 3 installs, the first time I tried to do it with removing as little as possible, the next two times I just got everything out of the way. Yeah, it’s a little more time to disassemble up front but you’ll probably save yourself time on the backend not having to work around things.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks to Matt and some digging I found a module that works
It's from a 15 but it worked perfectly in my 14 and yes it's supports manual transmission and it works properly if I could figure out how to upload the video I would

20210614_193404.jpg

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just want to give a Big Thank You to everyone that has helped put all this information together and answered my questions along the way.

I finished up putting the last pieces (door handles) in last night, made the changes to the BCM and programmed 2 Fobs and it all worked like a charm!
Started first time and the keyless entry works as it should.
I did not do a RF hub reset since everything seems to be working? Not sure if I should but it's working so I think I'll leave it alone. My TPMS came back after about 4 miles of driving.

I was able to source some new take-off handles in my max steel color off ebay which saved me a few $ and the rest of the parts I got from All Mopar Parts (and mouser/Jimmy for the connectors) and all shipped very quickly. All in for $450, Not too bad given that prices seem to be going up right now. Very pleased with the upgrade.

Now I just need to wrap my head around Not grabbing my keys out of my pocket every time Lol.

Thanks again.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just wanted to add some pictures of my install on my Mega cab since everything else was pretty much crew cab

RF Hub and rear antenna mounting is pretty much the same as the others But I did not have to remove the rear seat. Just folded it down and took out the 3 bolts holding the storage bin and pulled it out then popped off the side panels and the rear...

0616211630_HDR.jpg

I have the bench seat and was able to just take out the 4 bolts from under the jump seat and tip it back to access the mounting of the front antenna. Ran the wires up the drivers side then cut over just after the B pillar and followed the wire bundle under the drivers seat.

0614211646_HDR.jpg
0614211646a_HDR.jpg

Mounted the door antennas in the factory location on the rear doors. Pretty easy.

0614211751_HDR_copy.jpg

And of course the door handles were pretty much the same as everyone else. I have the amp steps and was able to just rest the door panel on those without completely disconnecting them

0615211630_HDR.jpg

oldmitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L cummins
@Jimmy07 Are you still building harnesses? If so, I'd like to buy some from you.