How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a pink connector on the back wall near the RF hub which I’m guessing is the RS antenna? If so would a RF hub from a 2015 with PTS and remote start work in my 2015? Would anyone have the P/N for that hub? I can’t find a 2017 hub in stock anywhere.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a pink connector on the back wall near the RF hub which I’m guessing is the RS antenna? If so would a RF hub from a 2015 with PTS and remote start work in my 2015? Would anyone have the P/N for that hub? I can’t find a 2017 hub in stock anywhere.

I don’t have a part number but the RF Hubs are backwards and forwards compatible. If you get a newer hub it will have an internal antenna so it won’t have a connector for the external antenna. You would just tape the wire out of the way and the new hub will work just fine.

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Understood thanks. I’m just trying to find an option that may be in stock somewhere.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Understood thanks. I’m just trying to find an option that may be in stock somewhere.

I got my RF hub (and all the other parts) from All Mopar Parts 2 weeks ago and it shipped right away. Had everything within a week.
PM Benny @AllMoparParts.com on here and he should be able to tell you if it is still in stock.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to add some pictures of my install on my Mega cab since everything else was pretty much crew cab

RF Hub and rear antenna mounting is pretty much the same as the others But I did not have to remove the rear seat. Just folded it down and took out the 3 bolts holding the storage bin and pulled it out then popped off the side panels and the rear...

View attachment 250844

I have the bench seat and was able to just take out the 4 bolts from under the jump seat and tip it back to access the mounting of the front antenna. Ran the wires up the drivers side then cut over just after the B pillar and followed the wire bundle under the drivers seat.

View attachment 250845
View attachment 250846

Mounted the door antennas in the factory location on the rear doors. Pretty easy.

View attachment 250847

And of course the door handles were pretty much the same as everyone else. I have the amp steps and was able to just rest the door panel on those without completely disconnecting them

View attachment 250848

here is how my door handle wiring looks. Tried to make it as factory as possible.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
here is how my door handle wiring looks. Tried to make it as factory as possible.

That looks good. One of my issues is I ran out of wire. I could have spliced more in but it reached the way I ran it so I went with it. I used the lengths posted and added 20" to each for my Mega cab. In hind sight I could have added a little more to the door handle wires to give me a little extra margin.

Craig Bowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Outdoorsman 2018 2500 CTD 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got all the parts to do the install of the keyless start. I also planned ahead so I can install the keyless entry at a later time. A big shout out to Benny at All Mopar Parts for helping with part selection. I fabbed the wiring harness last week.
So it begins. The first thing I noticed is that I had to remove the rear seat. Oops. I had not read how to do that. Long story short, I got the seat out after 3.5 hours and half a can of WD40. I'm an IT guy. I'm lucky I know what a ratchet is. Anyway. It's now 92 on the way to 104. Lunch and then back to it. Thanks for all the great information.

And day 1 comes to a screeching halt.
AlphaOBD has programed the BCM. Awesome!
I got the new RF Hub mounted. Cool!
Plug the 2 existing connectors into the RF Hub. Fantastic!
Insert the new connector into the RF Hub??? Try again.
Insert the new connector into the RF Hub???@#*$@!@#!
In my Capt. Kirk voice, "Why will, this, connector not, go in?"

Upon inspecting the connector I noted that I had buggered 2 terminals. This was preventing the connector from seating in the RF Hub.

Of course I had no spare. So I removed the new RF Hub and installed the old one. Everything is as it was. I have just ordered the parts I need. This time with spares.

Last edited:

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got all the parts to do the install of the keyless start. I also planned ahead so I can install the keyless entry at a later time. A big shout out to Benny at All Mopar Parts for helping with part selection. I fabbed the wiring harness last week.
So it begins. The first thing I noticed is that I had to remove the rear seat. Oops. I had not read how to do that. Long story short, I got the seat out after 3.5 hours and half a can of WD40. I'm an IT guy. I'm lucky I know what a ratchet is. Anyway. It's now 92 on the way to 104. Lunch and then back to it. Thanks for all the great information.

And day 1 comes to a screeching halt.
AlphaOBD has programed the BCM. Awesome!
I got the new RF Hub mounted. Cool!
Plug the 2 existing connectors into the RF Hub. Fantastic!
Insert the new connector into the RF Hub??? Try again.
Insert the new connector into the RF Hub???@#*$@!@#!
In my Capt. Kirk voice, "Why will, this, connector not, go in?"

Upon inspecting the connector I noted that I had buggered 2 terminals. This was preventing the connector from seating in the RF Hub.

Of course I had no spare. So I removed the new RF Hub and installed the old one. Everything is as it was. I have just ordered the parts I need. This time with spares.
Sounds like the crap that happens to me when I try to do any wrenching.

jw43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! Let me know if it works!

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures while I had it all apart. And I don't have time to tear it all apart again. All I did was remove the fuse box, and pull the the wire that goes from the starter relay, down to the starter. It's a 12ga wire, yellow, with grey stripe. I just wired it to a switch in the cab. Pretty straight forward. When you pull your fuse box, you'll see the yellow wire coming out of the - I think - grey connector, directly under the starter relay.

It needs a 12 volt supply, to activate the solenoid on the starter. You could also just disconnect that yellow/grey wire AT the starter, and wire your switch from there. I didn't because wanted to leave the stock connector attached to the starter. I also want to be able to revert back to stock. If you're not concerned with doing that, you can cut and wire any way you feel like.
This is a very helpful post. How did you isolate this yellow/grey wire? I would also like to do the same thing with the ASD relay. Do you by chance have any documentation that would identify which wire comes from the ASD relay?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a very helpful post. How did you isolate this yellow/grey wire? I would also like to do the same thing with the ASD relay. Do you by chance have any documentation that would identify which wire comes from the ASD relay?
Have you purchased the rf hub yet? If you buy the right one you don’t have to do this.

oldmitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L cummins
Just crawl under your truck, and look at your starter. There's a small gauge wire that a activates the starter solenoid. You can cut/splice that wire with whatever kind of killswitch suits your fancy. Or you can buy a Ravelco anti theft device, if you have $500 bucks laying around.

Craig Bowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finally got the C2 connect put together correctly. After destroying 2 connectors I figured it out. Everything in and the keyless start works great!! Thanks to everyone that has added to this topic.
Now, on to the passive entry. In about 2 weeks. It's just too hot here in BAKErsfield.

CROD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Definitely looking into ordering all the parts needed. Currently the C2 rf hub connector is out of stock and seems no other option available. Wouldn't be a bad time to have a 3d printer setup. lol

Tyler Welch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Hey all, what is the best way to figure out what RF Hub part number I need to order. I have a 2013 tradesman 2500 diesel and I am wanting to add the keyless entry and push to start. I currently just ordered every other part except for the RF Hub and already have the harness thanks to DoughRat19. I have a remote start but it is an aftermarket kit that I purchased and added. I did locate and search a vin for a 2013 laramie longhorn 2500 but it popped up with 6 different RF Hubs and idk how to tell the differences in them.

Thanks

Craig Bowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all, what is the best way to figure out what RF Hub part number I need to order. I have a 2013 tradesman 2500 diesel and I am wanting to add the keyless entry and push to start. I currently just ordered every other part except for the RF Hub and already have the harness thanks to DoughRat19. I have a remote start but it is an aftermarket kit that I purchased and added. I did locate and search a vin for a 2013 laramie longhorn 2500 but it popped up with 6 different RF Hubs and idk how to tell the differences in them.

Thanks
Hi Tyler.
What I did was contact Benny at All Mopar Parts, a vender here.
I gave him the the VIN and year/model of truck. He was able to tell what part to order. Of course I ordered from All Mopar Parts. Worked first time.

One suggestion, Order 2 or 3 of the C2 connectors and enough pins to make a lot of mistakes. I am no stranger to making cables. But I buggered up 2 C2 connectors before I got it right.

Good luck.

Craig

CROD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Well it seems the Hub Receiver - Mopar (68319680AE) is on back order until Dec 31st according to a local dealer in San Antonio. Anyone have any leads on another way to get one sooner?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Well it seems the Hub Receiver - Mopar (68319680AE) is on back order until Dec 31st according to a local dealer in San Antonio. Anyone have any leads on another way to get one sooner?

Did you reach out to our preferred site vendor @AllMoparParts.com ? He has ben able to help me out with everything I needed.

TRRUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Wonder if thats just a date they made up since its the last day of the year. I hope not. I ordered my module in May and still waiting with no ETA. Everything else is installed except for this part. I had to get another module due to me having manual transmission.

I do have an extra 68319680AE that I wont be using. I ordered it thinking it was good, but this is missing a pin for my clutch sensor, a lesson another member learned for us before I got my items. If you checked with the site vendor and they can't get it either, then PM me to work something out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963