How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered a salvage RF hub before reading the 174 pages of posts. Has anyone tried or confirmed that a used hub will work? Can it be reset?

lmayle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone know if a 2017 jeep grand cherokee key fob would work on a 2017 ram 1500? That way I only need to carry one fob. The only thing I see is that it has a tailgate button.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered a salvage RF hub before reading the 174 pages of posts. Has anyone tried or confirmed that a used hub will work? Can it be reset?
I don’t think so. I have not heard of anyone that can clear them to be used in another vehicle.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know if a 2017 jeep grand cherokee key fob would work on a 2017 ram 1500? That way I only need to carry one fob. The only thing I see is that it has a tailgate button.
As far as I know, you cannot pair one fob to two different vehicles.

TRRUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So I've got somewhat of a silly question..

For anyone that has done this, or had it from factory - do you need to hold the start button during cranking, or just a quick press?
On my town and country and other cars, its a single quick press of the button and the vehicle continues to crank until it starts. On this truck, I've got to hold the start button the whole time the truck is cranking.

Before installing keyless enter and go, it did behave the same way (You had to hold in start position the duration of cranking).

Just wondering if its just a setting.. or perhaps thats just the way the truck is..

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500, G56 Manual

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI

For anyone that has done this, or had it from factory - do you need to hold the start button during cranking, or just a quick press?
On my town and country and other cars, its a single quick press of the button and the vehicle continues to crank until it starts. On this truck, I've got to hold the start button the whole time the truck is cranking.

Before installing keyless enter and go, it did behave the same way (You had to hold in start position the duration of cranking).

Just wondering if its just a setting.. or perhaps thats just the way the truck is..

Even with the old fob ignition it should be smart start, like what you're talking about on your other vehicles, but perhaps because your truck is a manual they don't have that enabled. Only thing I could see.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Since you have a manual transmission, tip start is not enabled in the BCM for safety reasons (tip start is the name of the feature that keeps the starter cranking after press/release of the button). Go to CBC Features: Tip Start Enabled, and set it to “yes”.

Bdaman069

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone tried to do the push to start upgrade with manual locks, if so did you have issues programming the fobs and how did you overcome this. I have ordered, installed, and used alfaobd to turn everything on, I just cant get the fobs to work.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone tried to do the push to start upgrade with manual locks, if so did you have issues programming the fobs and how did you overcome this. I have ordered, installed, and used alfaobd to turn everything on, I just cant get the fobs to work.
I’m guessing you can’t program the new fobs because the truck isn’t seeing the unlock signal requested for programming?
Try setting VehConfig 3: RKE System Present to “Yes”, then try programming the new fob again.

Bdaman069

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does it matter that i have a 2013 tradesman, with the part number for the rf hub you listed? Matt informed me they are backwards and forwards compatible, but for some reason this truck fights me everytime i try something new.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does it matter that i have a 2013 tradesman, with the part number for the rf hub you listed? Matt informed me they are backwards and forwards compatible, but for some reason this truck fights me everytime i try something new.
That shouldn’t matter. I’m thinking you just need to set the truck up for remote keyless entry first in order to get the fob programmed.

Bdaman069

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks you guys have been great, and super helpful. This truck is just stubborn i guess. LOL.

TNram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Instead of removing the center console, has anyone put the in cabin antenna somewhere else?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Jimmy07, any idea what would cause you to have to tap the push button twice before the truck turns over? Almost like the truck wakes up with the first tap and then registered the second tap. I helped a guy with an install and that is what’s happening to him. My first thought was TIP start but he doesn’t have to hold the button down.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
@Jimmy07, any idea what would cause you to have to tap the push button twice before the truck turns over? Almost like the truck wakes up with the first tap and then registered the second tap. I helped a guy with an install and that is what’s happening to him. My first thought was TIP start but he doesn’t have to hold the button down.
Is it a diesel? Happens only on the first start of the day when it’s cold?

Bdaman069

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an update, finally got the push to start to finally work with manual locks. Had to enable RKE in order to fool the truck into thinking I have power locks. Was wondering has anyone added power locks to their vehicle, and if so, where would I find the connectors for the respective doors(i.e drivers door, passenger door.) I am going to try to integrate aftermarket actuators into the factory harness. That way I only have to have one fob to get into and start the truck. I believe this can be done, simply because all door lock actuators seem to be two wire for unlock lock. If I am wrong in this line of thought please correct me so I can move forward in the correct direction