How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Decoy341

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I’d like to thank everybody that helped me out with this mod. I almost gave up, actually I did and I ripped out the wire harnesses out of my truck! Then I realize I spent too much on all the other parts to give up. After rebuilding another harness I finally got it working!

Looking back at doing this modification it wasn’t that bad pretty easy. Thank you all that helped me!!
Hi Adam, can you share the part number on the passive entry handles you ordered? Please

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Adam, can you share the part number on the passive entry handles you ordered? Please
What’s your paint code and are you looking for painted or painted with chrome handles? Also, front and back or just front?

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It's wired all the way up to the connectors on the end of the dash to go into the doors all you need is the wiring out of the doors go to a local junkyard find the same vehicle and get the door harnesses and that actuators if you want you can get the entire door guts and switch over to power windows too

Sworddylan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for part numbers for a 2014 2500, mega cab, 6.7, auto trans for the rf hub and front door handles. Paint code PAU/Granite crystal metallic.
Also, is anyone producing the wiring harnesses for purchase?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for part numbers for a 2014 2500, mega cab, 6.7, auto trans for the rf hub and front door handles. Paint code PAU/Granite crystal metallic.
Also, is anyone producing the wiring harnesses for purchase?
PM’d you.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Even with the old fob ignition it should be smart start, like what you're talking about on your other vehicles, but perhaps because your truck is a manual they don't have that enabled. Only thing I could see.

You know, I've owned my truck with factory tip start for over 3 years now and I never noticed this. I've always held it over until it started, just out of habit. I tried just turning it to Start ad letting go this afternoon and sure enough, it does indeed have "smart-start"!

-K

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
So if I'm reading the thread right, my 2018 3500 Tradesmen should already have the correct RF hub in the cab of the truck for push start? I would only need to get the two in cab antennae's and the push start itself? I'm going to be installing remote start and I can do this at the same time and get the kit that has the smart key.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if I'm reading the thread right, my 2018 3500 Tradesmen should already have the correct RF hub in the cab of the truck for push start? I would only need to get the two in cab antennae's and the push start itself? I'm going to be installing remote start and I can do this at the same time and get the kit that has the smart key.
No, you would not have the correct hub. For just push start you need the hub, push start, two in cab antennas, wiring, and new fobs. That is assuming you’re already setup with Alfaobd.

joeym0929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just want to verify. Will 68319680AE work on a 2016 even though it shows it "doesn't fit"? The recommended one for mine is 68245484AE but it cost more and will cost even more to add remote start to it. Any functional differences between them to where it wouldn't work? Thanks!

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just want to verify. Will 68319680AE work on a 2016 even though it shows it "doesn't fit"? The recommended one for mine is 68245484AE but it cost more and will cost even more to add remote start to it. Any functional differences between them to where it wouldn't work? Thanks!
As long as it is a push start hub it will work. They are backwards and forwards compatible. The only issue you could have is if you order an older hub for a newer Ram. The older hubs require an external antenna that the newer Rams do not have. I’m not 100% sure on the year for those but I wanna say up to 2015/2016 have the external antenna. Any hub for 2017+ definitely will have the internal antenna which is used in place of the external antenna for the older Rams.

joeym0929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
As long as it is a push start hub it will work. They are backwards and forwards compatible. The only issue you could have is if you order an older hub for a newer Ram. The older hubs require an external antenna that the newer Rams do not have. I’m not 100% sure on the year for those but I wanna say up to 2015/2016 have the external antenna. Any hub for 2017+ definitely will have the internal antenna which is used in place of the external antenna for the older Rams.
Ok I'll give 68319680AE a go then. Thanks!

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guy's , I'm looking for an rf hub for a 2016 ram 3500 manual with keyless and go , don't care of remote start , I have found this one 68319678AE for a 2017 but it's back ordered for 2 month , and with all the reading it is supposed to work , but if someone know another part number that will fit in my truck , like I said , mine is a manual so automatic rf hub will not work , I have all the rest of parts , antenna x2, harness , key , etc... if someone can chime in with a update number or rfhub from a 2016 manual thnx !!

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guy's , I'm looking for an rf hub for a 2016 ram 3500 manual with keyless and go , don't care of remote start , I have found this one 68319678AE for a 2017 but it's back ordered for 2 month , and with all the reading it is supposed to work , but if someone know another part number that will fit in my truck , like I said , mine is a manual so automatic rf hub will not work , I have all the rest of parts , antenna x2, harness , key , etc... if someone can chime in with a update number or rfhub from a 2016 manual thnx !!
68234885AB is the 2015 version which will work. No idea if you can still get one though.

TRRUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2016 ram 3500 manual.
I ordered 68245481AE from Mopar Parts Canada May of 2021.. literally still waiting for the part.

I ended up ordering off ebay because I didn't want to wait. I ordered part# 68245481AD. user was mopar4all. Came quick, was exactly what I needed.
Its installed in the truck, I've got functioning keyless and go.

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
mine is 68234885AB from a 2015 and suppose to work too , i order one from mopar4all and suppose to be delivered on feb 15 , and i ordered 1 from mopar parts canada too and suppose to be here feb 7 , did you put only keyless go on alfa or other option , i have already set keyless go enable ,and did you put you pin number for the key or 0000

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine is 68234885AB from a 2015 and suppose to work too , i order one from mopar4all and suppose to be delivered on feb 15 , and i ordered 1 from mopar parts canada too and suppose to be here feb 7 , did you put only keyless go on alfa or other option , i have already set keyless go enable ,and did you put you pin number for the key or 0000
If you use your existing pin you should be able to transfer it over to the new hub.

As far as settings, these are all the settings for passive entry/push start:

VehConfig 3: FOBIK Safe Enable
VehConfig 3: Passive Entry Present
VehConfig 3: Keyless Go Present
VehConfig 5: Wait to Start Feature is Present (ONLY if you have a diesel)
Cust.Set.Menu 1: Passive Entry CSM Present (if available)

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i don't want passive entry , just the keyless go has i want to keep my key in my pocket, just unlock door with remote , do i have to enable the passive entry even if i'm not installing the door antenna and door handle ? or just don't enable it ? and if i enable it and not installing it for now , does it trigger a code ? like a message in cluster or cel ?

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i don't want passive entry , just the keyless go has i want to keep my key in my pocket, just unlock door with remote , do i have to enable the passive entry even if i'm not installing the door antenna and door handle ? or just don't enable it ? and if i enable it and not installing it for now , does it trigger a code ? like a message in cluster or cel ?
Just don’t activate those settings.