How to: Add Fold Flat Floor to an Express with the bench seat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony Culliton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was so sad when I went from my 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Sport to my new 2018 Ram Quad Express and realized I didn't have the cargo trays in the new truck :( UNTIL! I realized the metal ones from my old truck were an exact fit for the new truck!! Same bolt locations and everything..16 years apart and separated by a generation and still worked [emoji16] gotta love when things work out, it's such a valuable accessory, should be standard at every trim level

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk
be58fa3f69d7e47723da460b3abc990c.jpg

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
[QUOTE="it's such a valuable accessory, should be standard at every trim level

I agree! I've only it a few weeks now and I can't believe how much I use it! No reason as you say that it shouldn't be availble on every trim level.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I was so sad when I went from my 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Sport to my new 2018 Ram Quad Express and realized I didn't have the cargo trays in the new truck :( UNTIL! I realized the metal ones from my old truck were an exact fit for the new truck!! Same bolt locations and everything..16 years apart and separated by a generation and still worked [emoji16] gotta love when things work out, it's such a valuable accessory, should be standard at every trim level

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk
be58fa3f69d7e47723da460b3abc990c.jpg
Lol,I also had a 2002 quad cab and did the same,I haven't used it and I put it in 2-1/2 years ago because I put a retractable tonneau cover on the truck.But in my old truck used it regular.

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
So, with a little tinkering, this should fit a 2018 SLT 2500HD w/ bench rear seat? And you can use it 60 or 40% at a time?

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So, with a little tinkering, this should fit a 2018 SLT 2500HD w/ bench rear seat? And you can use it 60 or 40% at a time?

You just need to get the appropriate one for your cab, the quad cab and crew cab ones are different in depth, but the install is the same.

-K

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
You just need to get the appropriate one for your cab, the quad cab and crew cab ones are different in depth, but the install is the same.

-K

Had some eBay bonus bucks coming to me, found a crew cab folding floor and ordered it.

Easier/cheaper than building one w/ plywood, hinges, carpet/glue, etc.

I hope. Modifications have a way of getting out of hand, taking on a life of their own and your whole morning, afternoon, weekend(s).

Thanks.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Had some eBay bonus bucks coming to me, found a crew cab folding floor and ordered it.

Easier/cheaper than building one w/ plywood, hinges, carpet/glue, etc.

I hope. Modifications have a way of getting out of hand, taking on a life of their own and your whole morning, afternoon, weekend(s).

Thanks.

Assuming that your 2500 is a Crew Cab or Mega Cab, I don't think you'll have any issues, it should fit with no issues. Just remember to provide something to raise the inner brackets to the same height as the outer ones, either a flat bar like I did or some washers, etc. Otherwise it will end up torqed and not sit flat. If your truck is a quad cab (do 2500's even come in quad cab?) then it may not fit without modification.

-K

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
Crew cab.

I like fabricating small parts (esp. when they're usually mfd out of unobtanium or the seller is infected with the laughable price-itis condition), bought a Grizzly mill for smaller jobs (friend has a bridgeport as large as my truck bed for larger ones).

I liked your flat bar idea. Washers I've got, and I generally reuse bolts if serviceable; chase the threads, locktite 'em in place and drive on.

Those bolts hold the SEATS in place, not the seatBELTS. IF an impact takes out the bolts, seatbelts aren't going to be much help.

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
BA7D046C-B34A-448C-ABF9-F3F3C73970BA.jpeg

EZPZ installation.

Friend who owns Adrenaline Off Road (Jeep mods mostly) has several hundred bins full of bolts, took me a while to find the exact bolt/thread pitch M14x1.5, but it was really pretty straightforward.

60% side’s a little tight getting past the folded up bench seat, but I’ll tinker with it a little tomorrow, get some blankets on it for my dog.

About that snap. I did a quick search on eBay for one, $11.75 each. WTF?

Without having to disassemble the hold-down to take into a fabric store, anyone know the exact size for that part? 06036443AA And what kind of screw/rivet holds it in place?

Thanks.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Without having to disassemble the hold-down to take into a fabric store, anyone know the exact size for that part? 06036443AA And what kind of screw/rivet holds it in place?

Thanks.

I got mine from allmoparparts.com for $3.80 each, but I ordered them as part of a larger order and therefore got free shipping. The screw was a self tapping type and if I recall correctly, was about 5/8" long. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll try and get a measurement on the snap part itself for you tomorrow.

-K

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
I got mine from allmoparparts.com for $3.80 each, but I ordered them as part of a larger order and therefore got free shipping. The screw was a self tapping type and if I recall correctly, was about 5/8" long. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll try and get a measurement on the snap part itself for you tomorrow.

-K

moparpartsgiant has ‘em too. I already have some other parts in the cart, but shipping’s twice the parts cost.

I’ll take a look at almoparparts and flip a coin.

I’d use more $$ in diesel going to the dealer for the parts.

[edit: actually, other parts aren’t in their inventory at all.]

Thanks.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Ok, sorry for the delay. Finally got myself, the truck and a measuring device in the same place at the same time. The measurement I got was .39". The closest standard snap size to that appears to be a 3/8"

-K

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Double check your bolt sizes before you order. Mine were M12 vs. the M14 size that's listed above. (2014 Ram 3500) Excellent write up, thank you!

I have a 2016 1500 and my bolts in the center turned out to be M12. In fact I had taken one of the outside bolts into the store looking for an M14 and my bolt was actually a 1/2 X 13 or something like that (don’t remember the second number).

I’m lucky I remembered seeing your post and was able to look it up for a place to start searching or I might be coming out of Lowe’s with a bag full of bolts to try lol.

On a side note I had no trouble getting my brackets in place by myself. Maybe the springs had loosened up from use but my install went super easy. Wish I could say the same for the trailer brake control I just installed!

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 1500 and my bolts in the center turned out to be M12. In fact I had taken one of the outside bolts into the store looking for an M14 and my bolt was actually a 1/2 X 13 or something like that (don’t remember the second number).

I’m lucky I remembered seeing your post and was able to look it up for a place to start searching or I might be coming out of Lowe’s with a bag full of bolts to try lol.

On a side note I had no trouble getting my brackets in place by myself. Maybe the springs had loosened up from use but my install went super easy. Wish I could say the same for the trailer brake control I just installed!

The bolts for my '19 Express Classic CC were also M12.

And I feel your pain on the trailer brake controller. F#$% that bracket hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlyonsden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looking to get/build a FFF for my 2019 2500 Tradesman CC, would all this advice be relevant?

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Looking to get/build a FFF for my 2019 2500 Tradesman CC, would all this advice be relevant?

I "think" the '19 2500 is still a 4th Gen cab, if so it should be the same.

-K

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that the newest Heavy Duty Rams are still 4th Generation
There are some changes like the grille & maybe the bumpers
& possibly some of the interior like the dash bezel ??

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Just installed a set of fold flat cargo's out of an 2014 in to my 2018. went to Ace to get the screws. tried to get the OP's recommanded M12x 1.5 and they were not a good fit. I took out the originals that were bolting down the bench seat and found that they were 1.75 and tried them on the other holes and they threaded through easily. so swapped them out and was good to go then.

M12 x 1.75 x 50

Reactions: kad
OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just installed a set of fold flat cargo's out of an 2014 in to my 2018. went to Ace to get the screws. tried to get the OP's recommanded M12x 1.5 and they were not a good fit. I took out the originals that were bolting down the bench seat and found that they were 1.75 and tried them on the other holes and they threaded through easily. so swapped them out and was good to go then.

M12 x 1.75 x 50
We've seen different seat bolts on a couple of different years. Thanks for the report on the '18s.

-K