Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by Ricks Ram, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Did you purchase a heated/vented seat harness from M2mods? If not that's the first thing I reccomend doing. They are in the vendor section of this forum. It's a plug and play harness and looks factory. I don't reccomend building your own harness. You will need the 8.4 radio in order for the Vented seats to work and enable all the correct codes in the BCM with the alfa tool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. ultradriver10000

ultradriver10000 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins
    Yes I purchased the harness and I have the 8.4 radio in my truck. I don't care about turning the seats on through the radio, as long as I can get the buttons to work. I snagged a control panel but ended up getting the wrong one in so they are sending me the correct one with the heated/cooled seat controls.

3. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    The controls will actually come up on the screen automatically once all the codes are enabled for the heated/vented seats with the alfa tool. Of course you don't need to ever turn them on that way but they will be there either way. Make sure you take your time when installing the harness. Everything will be clearly labeled but you need to make sure you pin the wires in the correct location.

4. RAMbow

RAMbow Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Well im about to make the leap on this interesting project. Learned a ton reading all through this thread and man oh man, it shall be a challenge. Already hooked up with deereguy and got my harness on order, just waiting now for the limited seats and console to arrive in a week or so. Rest assured, i will have lots of questions and i know all you guys are great with support. Looking forward my frankenram after all the great mod ideas here!

Mpgrimm2 and Ricks Ram like this.
  5. RAMbow

RAMbow Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    One question for the smart folks, can i replace current steering wheel with a heated one with clockspring, that has the additional audio controls and VR buttons, will this plug and play (besides enabling in alpha) with the current 2015 tradesman setup, or will i need additional wiring?

6. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    If you install a complete wheel off of a 13 to 18 ram the voice control and audio buttons will work plug and play with either clockspring. No codes are needed for those features to work. One thing to note is the voice control will not work on the older RA1 non bluetooth radios because they aren't capable.

7. RAMbow

RAMbow Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Thanks rick, good to know. Im kosher on the 8.4UAQ upgrade ive already done so it should be plug and play. Finally, an easy one

8. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Remember if you want the heated wheel feature to work you will need to add the correct clockspring along with the heated steering wheel.

9. RAMbow

RAMbow Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Yes sir, got that. Looks like i can snag a wheel with heat, controls, clockspring and airbag for 140. Sounds decent.

10. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I don't reccomend installing a used clockspring unless it was properly removed and was locked in the correct orientation with tape or other means. They are easily damaged by over rotating because the wrecking yards don't secure them properly. Also make sure it's actually a heated wheel and make sure it's for a 13 to 18 Ram. They are listed incorrectly all the time. Make sure you ask questions and get good pictures before you buy it.

Mpgrimm2 likes this.