Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by Ricks Ram, Jan 16, 2017.

1. aimvee

aimvee Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ya HSM is from a '17 unfortunately.
    I'm just trying to help the guy out.
    I told him to get an 09 to 12 heated seat module to try. He did look up the parts and they do connect the same as the 2017

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

2. jshillin

jshillin Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Just making sure I read this right... If I only have the yellow plug under the driver seat of my '17 Express, then I'm not wired for a heated wheel, correct?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  3. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    No, your Express will need the harness from M2mods who is in the vendor section in order to work unless you have a regular cab. The Quad Cab and Crew Cab are not pre wired fot the heated/vented seats and heated wheel.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

4. UpInSm0kE

UpInSm0kE Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    Hello - I am adding heated seats to my 2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman and I have already swapped the seats and steering wheel but I am waiting on the center stack with the heated buttons and the clock spring to arrive to finish the install. My seats where already pre-wired from what I could tell under both the passenger and driver seats and my driver seat is already turning the seat heat on when the temps are below 40 degrees. I added these codes last night with alfaobd but my 8.4 radio is still not displaying the "climate" or "controls" selection under apps. I made the changes 24 hours ago and have cycled the truck 5-6 times today driving around. Here is what I changed since I do not have vented or rear heated seats.

Memory-Front Vented Seats Present (Not Changed)

ECUConfig 3-Front Vented Seats Present (Not Changed)

ECUConfig 3-Front Heated Seats Present (Changed)

ECUConfig 3-Heated Steering Wheel Present (Changed)

Memory-Rear Heated Seats Present (Not Changed)

CustSetMenu 1-Auto-on driver comfort CSM (option 2-3) (Changed)

Memory-Heated Steering Wheel Present (Changed)

ECUConfig 4-Heated Seat Present (Changed)

Memory-Heated Wheel Material Type (Changed)

Memory-Heated Seat Material Type (Changed)

5. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    It sometimes takes the radio several key cycles I in order for options to show up. It will show up as Controls on your Apps screen. When you press the soft key it should bring up the seats and wheel. Does it show on the upper right corner when the seats and wheel are on? I'm assuming you didn't install the switch panel so there is no way to manually turn them on and off. It looks like you have all the correct codes enabled so I would think they should eventually show up.

6. UpInSm0kE

UpInSm0kE Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    there is no icon in the upper right corner when the driver seat comes on below 40 degrees outside. This is what my screen looks like but still no controls :( I have ordered the clock spring and center stack but I don’t have the parts yet. I was hoping the soft keys would at least show up so I could turn the seats on and off while I wait for the parts.

C4569E17-712C-40C5-97A3-6EF0B2DF55C2.jpeg

7. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thats odd. I honestly am not sure what you have going on. I also noticed you have very few apps on your screen. Is there another page you can scroll side to side or is that it? I haven't messed with a 5th gen 2500 so I can't really be to much help because we haven't had much testing yet. I can say it's the first 8.4 I've seen that the icons didn't actually come up on at least on the right side upper screen when the heated seat or wheel is on. I noticed you did turn on your heated wheel when you don't actually have it yet. This shouldn't necessarily cause the issue you are having but it's definitely throwing DTC codes in your truck.

8. UpInSm0kE

UpInSm0kE Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    Yeah the lack of apps has been like this since new. No other apps on the other pages you can drag the existing apps to other pages but they are all blank. If I shut off the heated wheel to clear the dtc’s and leave the seats active in the ecm should the controls menu still show up? I know this isn’t tried and true yet but hopefully I can get mine working once I have all the parts so others can start mod’ing :)

9. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I can tell you that on the 4th gen trucks the controls would show up if you just enabled the heated seats. I would think they would on a 5th gen HD but I have no first hand experience.

10. UpInSm0kE

UpInSm0kE Member

Ram Year:
    2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    I will update when I get the center stack and clock spring next week (hopefully). Thanks for your help.