Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by Ricks Ram, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Unfortunately you cannot.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

jouart likes this.
  2. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    It would not be cost effective to try to just add the vent fans and wiring. The heated seat pads and ventilation fans are all incorporated together as one I
    Unit. The seat foam itself is also different with special channels to promote airflow while someone is sitting in the seat.

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  3. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    You will need to change your wiring pinouts for your seat belt chime. I'm not sure when the seat airbags came out but if your truck is equipped with them you would need to figure out that wiring as well. I have the pinout diagram for the 13 to 18+ Classic seats but I don't have the pinout for the 09 to 12 seats. As far as the power adjust and other seat functions go you can simply run a fused 12v power source to the solid red wire in the yellow seat connector on both seats. The heated seats will not work in your truck in the factory configuration. They operate through a completely different communication system than heated seats that would have come in your truck.. The Ram heated seat pads use a three wire system that's not compatible with much besides the factory heated seat module. Your best bet would be to remove the factory heating pads and install an aftermarket kit or the Mopar kit that comes with its own heating pads.

4. Mrmagoolin

Mrmagoolin Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7
    Thanks for that info.

5. Socalramfan

Socalramfan Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2011 Big Horn
    Engine:
    Thanks for the response.

Is there a way I can get a look at the 13-18 pinout diagram your referring to? Cant seem to locate the correct one online.

6. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Passenger seat yellow connector.[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Driver's seat yellow connector. Please disregard my notes in the pictures. I used these to build my original harness.[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Socalramfan

Socalramfan Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2011 Big Horn
    Engine:
    Rick....

Thank you.

I'll be taking a look at it later today, and tackle the seats in a week or so. :waytogo:

Ricks Ram likes this.
  9. HTXRamExp

HTXRamExp Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Reading this entire thread was akin to binging a series on Netflix...the ups, the downs, drama, and suspense! Haha

Anyways, I'm beginning my journey with this mod, and I believe I have everything sorted regarding parts needed and alpha programming.

So far the general consensus is that people prefer use of the hard buttons on the bezel, I however have an aftermarket aux button kit utilizing the bottom 5 buttons, which I have no intention of getting rid of.

So ideally, I will control the seats via the radio soft buttons only.

I believe that anytime anyone had issues with operation without the correct bezel in place, they also did not have an 8.4 radio or full conversion 8.4 radio and the bezel wasn't the limiting factor.

Can anyone confirm 100% operation of the seats (heat/vent) without the bezel plugged in, or non-matching bezel?

Thanks.

Edit:
    Could the MSM Memory Seat Module be added to a Laramie seat with power, heat, vent and be wired up to function correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  10. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yes, your seats should work without the switch panel. Every once in a while we get one that doesn't seem to act like the rest and we have no idea why but you should be fine as long as you enable all the correct codes. You can also add the memory wiring for Laramie seats. If your truck has the rest of the heated seat wiring you can add the 4 extra wires for the memory feature to work for the seats, mirrors " you have to have memory capable mirrors" radio preferences and climate. Two wires run from the yellow driver's seat connector to the CAN system and two wires run from the yellow driver's seat connector to the drivers door harness and pin into the connector for the drivers door module. If you wanted the memory pedals you would need to build another separate harness. If your truck doesn't have any of the heated/vented seat and heated wheel wiring you will need to buy a conversion harness from @M2mods and you can have him include the memory wiring in his harness.

HTXRamExp and Mpgrimm2 like this.