How to add HID headlights to a non HID RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I may be able to get a set of HID headlight assembly’s and would like to install them on my non HID quad headlight RAM. Since I’m getting the whole headlight assembly what would I need to hook them up? Is it just a simple wire harness?

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the most part yes you just need the wire harness. Depending on what year ur truck is u might need anti flicker resistors or alphaOBD

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You'll need ballasts as well.

OP
OP
UnsatFC

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Headlights coming from a 2012 and going on my 2015

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I may be able to get a set of HID headlight assembly’s and would like to install them on my non HID quad headlight RAM. Since I’m getting the whole headlight assembly what would I need to hook them up? Is it just a simple wire harness?

Headlights coming from a 2012 and going on my 2015
What are you actually referring to when you say HID headlight assembly. Are you getting a set of HID bulbs to install into your headlight housings? Or, are you getting a set of housings that you want to install HID bulbs in?
You mention installing them on your “non HID quad headlight ram”, but you have a 2015. All 2013+ rams have either quad or projector headlights. All 2009-2012 rams have either dual or quad headlights. If you’re getting a set from a 2012, the best they will be are the quads, which you already have (unless you have projectors right now, and are wanting to go with quads).

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What are you actually referring to when you say HID headlight assembly. Are you getting a set of HID bulbs to install into your headlight housings? Or, are you getting a set of housings that you want to install HID bulbs in?
You mention installing them on your “non HID quad headlight ram”, but you have a 2015. All 2013+ rams have either quad or projector headlights. All 2009-2012 rams have either dual or quad headlights. If you’re getting a set from a 2012, the best they will be are the quads, which you already have (unless you have projectors right now, and are wanting to go with quads).

This is the right question....You definitely dont want to run HID's in the factory quad housings without a projector lens.