How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
Well, I guess I stand corrected. It's apparently possible to buy 3 sets of totally faulty sensors from 3 different sources! Looks like I have 4 good ones out of 18 total. One-by-one I swapped them out util I found 4 that work and rear park assist now works! Just need to order 40 more and I should be set!

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, I guess I stand corrected. It's apparently possible to buy 3 sets of totally faulty sensors from 3 different sources! Looks like I have 4 good ones out of 18 total. One-by-one I swapped them out util I found 4 that work and rear park assist now works! Just need to order 40 more and I should be set!
Awesome .
Glad you got it working and can enjoy the hard work you put in .

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Well, I guess I stand corrected. It's apparently possible to buy 3 sets of totally faulty sensors from 3 different sources! Looks like I have 4 good ones out of 18 total. One-by-one I swapped them out util I found 4 that work and rear park assist now works! Just need to order 40 more and I should be set![/QUOTE

That is crazy!!!!
I had one out of 4 and they were used.
Hope you can return the bad ones.

Doing your front now will be a lot easier. You have done all the hard work.

I love having my front and rear park assist.

I have since added a front camera which was a big pain in the back. But finally got it all worked out and the camera with the sensors on the front I park way better now. Lol!!!

My next project is power folding mirrors. Will see how that goes. ???

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I appreciate all your suggestions and advice....plus the tons of content you had already added to this thread!
You are welcome bud .
If you do the front and need any help etc feel free to reach out to me .
Cheers and well done bud

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
Does anyone have a link to a good place to buy sensors from? I've bought 5 different sets now and in all of them at most 1/2 work!

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Does anyone have a link to a good place to buy sensors from? I've bought 5 different sets now and in all of them at most 1/2 work!

You might want to double check your wiring again.

Can’t believe that you would have that many bad sensors.

Have you tried putting in a so called bad sensor in a good sensor plug? I am sure you have but just asking.

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
You might want to double check your wiring again.

Can’t believe that you would have that many bad sensors.

Have you tried putting in a so called bad sensor in a good sensor plug? I am sure you have but just asking.

Yes, I have to verify that there wasn't something like that. I also find it super strange that so many appear to be non-working. If there is a way to test the sensors themselves individually I would like to know so I could do that.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Yes, I have to verify that there wasn't something like that. I also find it super strange that so many appear to be non-working. If there is a way to test the sensors themselves individually I would like to know so I could do that.

I had a bad sensor. I took a good one that was working in another spot and put it in the plug that the bad sensor was in and it worked. That told me I had a bad sensor.

SHERMAN ROBBINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I traded my truck and have sensors. I bought extras when I did the mod let me know and I'll dig them out. I have 4 new and 4 used. Ill take $5 each for the new and $3 each for used you pay shipping.

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
I traded my truck and have sensors. I bought extras when I did the mod let me know and I'll dig them out. I have 4 new and 4 used. Ill take $5 each for the new and $3 each for used you pay shipping.

I bought another park assist module, because all these "bad" sensors are making me wonder if there is possibly something wrong with the one I have. My truck is a 2018 model and the module seems to be up to 2017...though it appears to work. Once I get the new one I'll check to see if the current sensors work and then let you know if I want the sensors. Thanks

Greg0517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, brand new user here.
is anyone willing to install rear park assist on my 2021 classic 1500?
i live in the toronto area

cubapnea1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, brand new user here.
is anyone willing to install rear park assist on my 2021 classic 1500?
i live in the toronto area
Hey Greg I live in brampton, I have done this on my 2017 . Do you have all the parts needed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can parking assist be added to the front and rear of a truck Classic 1500 easily? I ask because I have a lead on chrome front and rear bumpers with the holes for the sensors, and it would be nice to have.

Sorry if this has been answered in some of the 500+ comments. It's too much to go through. Any write-ups or photos anywhere?

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I installed my new multi switch that has both front and rear park assist buttons .
The rear button turns the rear park assist when pressed etc .
The front assist button is illuminated to show the system is off .It will be this way until I add the code for the front and get all components in place

I am in the process of getting the front sensors done now.
I should have it done in a few weeks or less
I bought some dorman Park sensors
Part no :684-007 and I just temporarily plugged them into the rear jumper harness and it thru no service park assist which is awesome .
They are like 38 Canadian versus the dealership at 170 a piece
When the front is done I will know for sure if the sensors are working correctly .
I think it will work fine based on previous test as the 1a auto ones made the service park assist come in instantly when the truck was started .

Are you using OEM Mopar stuff or is what your doing some aftermarket thing?
Where do you have the buttons?
Is the system plug and play?
You got any pictures for a sap like me from the "show me" state?