How To Add rear Park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Have you had a chance to go into alpha, select Ram 1500, select Body Computer, select Body Computer My2018 Powernet, then click on Connect and once connected go to Select procedure to start, go all the way down to bottom of page and select Car configuration change. At this point start looking for the list of things to select yes on to turn your Park Assist on. If you have everything selected to yes that I sent you and it still doesn’t work, go back and look at you 2 plus connectors and MAKE sure you have the correct wire going into the correct location on the connectors.

If you have it all connected correctly and selected the settings in alfaobd and you still don’t have park assist in the rear, you might have a bad sensor or the wrong sensors.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Detest
I have the listing for "Parking" in Alfa, but there is no compatible module that matches my vehicle model year. It has listings for Parktronics Module MY2013, MY2013-17, MY2014-17 and MY2010-2012 I tried connecting to the two closest (the MY2017 ones), but it will not connect to either.

This is with the Android version of Alfa.
Select my 2017-2017

Michael Trevisan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What would cause the front park sensors to go double red when the truck is put in to drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
2013-2017

Ahh, was able to connect to it...not sure why it didn't work before. I see the faults for all sensors. The front ones are ground short (they are not installed), but the rear ones have a "performance or operation" faults. I checked the voltage on the individual sensors and they appear to be getting ~9 volts and from what I can tell are wired correctly. I have swapped out 3 different sets just to make sure that they weren't defective. When I clear the faults the lights on the front and rear park assist buttons go away, but as soon as I put the truck in reverse I get the faults back, lights on the buttons come on and message in the cluster is back as well.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can you do a system wiring test with Alpha when connected to the park assist module .
You will see the faults for all the front sensors but will be good to see what the rear sensors have to say

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
Can you do a system wiring test with Alpha when connected to the park assist module .
You will see the faults for all the front sensors but will be good to see what the rear sensors have to say

I did and it came back with the same results as when I read the faults, "Performance or incorrect operation". One thing I noticed this time is that there are only 9 faults where I would expect 10, as there are 10 sensors. It appears that sensor #10 is not generating a fault? I looked at it and can't find anything special about it or its' wiring. I'll swap it out with another to see what that does.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Your front sensor light should be on until you install the sensors.

I would check the wiring again.

Where did you buy the module?

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
I bought the module on eBay, but if it was defective I would expect to see something in the faults with Alfa. The sensors are Bosch...bought those on eBay as well.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I bought the module on eBay, but if it was defective I would expect to see something in the faults with Alfa. The sensors are Bosch...bought those on eBay as well.

Those are the same ones I bought and have worked great for me. I would say it is in wiring or your canbus wires are reversed.

OP
OP
S

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Those are the same ones I bought and have worked great for me. I would say it is in wiring or your canbus wires are reversed.

I won’t be the can bus wires as he can connect to the module and if it was reversed the whole truck would be freaking out .
It’s either the sensor wiring like you have mentioned or bad sensors .

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
I won’t be the can bus wires as he can connect to the module and if it was reversed the whole truck would be freaking out .
It’s either the sensor wiring like you have mentioned or bad sensors .

Pretty sure canbus is correct. I tried reversing the wires and got errors stating that the park assist was not found. I bought new sensors and will try them when they get here.

GWR Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Pretty sure canbus is correct. I tried reversing the wires and got errors stating that the park assist was not found. I bought new sensors and will try them when they get here.

Keep us posted.

I have seen guys get bad sensors in the past here on the forum.

the_nid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
Got the new sensors in and seeing basically the same thing...though when I run the wiring test it's coming back with only 2 sensors having fault codes. I check the voltage at the rear harness to make sure the power and ground weren't reversed, they were not. I suppose I could have miss-wired some of the sensors out of order, but that wouldn't cause them not to work. At this point I'm wondering if the module itself is bad? One thing I did notice is that when I clear the codes and then put the car in verse up against my garage the sensors seem to come on for a split second before getting the system fault again. Though could be just nothing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn