How to add remote start to 2017 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Just finished installing the Flashlogic Remote Starter Dodge RAM 2013-2017 1500 2500 3500 Plug N Play Harness FLRSCH10 in my 2017 Ram SLT.
Skipped the horn and the hood pin but plugged in the parking lights.
It was so simple.
Really is plug and play other than plugging the module into their website for the key cloning. Push the lock button 3X and truck starts!
Would definitely recommend it!
Got mine for $160 on eBay.

Flatblack79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your fobs start the truck then they are programmed correctly.

How long ago did the dealer add the sales code?

When you double click the remote start button, does the doors lock and horn beep?

If not then It's possible that the sales code didn't take.

You said you truck already was wired for the remote start, did it have the connector to plug into the hood latch?

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Forgot i ever posted here.

Sales code added September 13.
Double click start on fob, dash lights up but nothing else. No Door Lock, No horn beep
Connector with two wires was taped up on core support harness next to hood latch. Plugs into the hood latch i purchased. Mopar #82215050

I should add that after the dealer added the code i have options in my uconnect settings for the remote start feature that wasnt there before.

Im planning on getting Alpha after the holidays to do a few things so ill try reinstalling the sale code to see if it didnt take at the dealer.

Last edited:

13BTOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just picked up a 2019 Warlock classic and currently collecting the parts needed to add the remote start to my truck. I purchased the hood latch and switch that was provided in the beginning of this thread along with with key fobs from Amazon for the remote start overlays. Today I was poking around the engine bay and noticed a hood latch switch plug taped up on the rad support. Would it be safe to assume that the plug is also already pinned to my BCM?

Thanks, Ed

E-rok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just finished installing the Flashlogic Remote Starter Dodge RAM 2013-2017 1500 2500 3500 Plug N Play Harness FLRSCH10 in my 2017 Ram SLT.
Skipped the horn and the hood pin but plugged in the parking lights.
It was so simple.
Really is plug and play other than plugging the module into their website for the key cloning. Push the lock button 3X and truck starts!
Would definitely recommend it!
Got mine for $160 on eBay.

Same here, no complaints.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I just picked up a 2019 Warlock classic and currently collecting the parts needed to add the remote start to my truck. I purchased the hood latch and switch that was provided in the beginning of this thread along with with key fobs from Amazon for the remote start overlays. Today I was poking around the engine bay and noticed a hood latch switch plug taped up on the rad support. Would it be safe to assume that the plug is also already pinned to my BCM?

Thanks, Ed

Sounds like it is

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

13BTOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just got off the phone with my dealer to ask how much they would charge to add the XBM code to my vin. I was told $125. I said ok and hung up. Not even 2min later they called me back and asked which system and whose installing it. I told them factory system , me and all I was doing was switching out the hood latch for one with a sensor , using my existing keys. He was so adamant that I needed to buy the whole kit with the keys and they need to be programmed or my truck will not start at all lol. I can't wait for my parts to show up so I can add the XBM code already. Can this be done ahead of time btw?

Thanks, Ed

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So I just got off the phone with my dealer to ask how much they would charge to add the XBM code to my vin. I was told $125. I said ok and hung up. Not even 2min later they called me back and asked which system and whose installing it. I told them factory system , me and all I was doing was switching out the hood latch for one with a sensor , using my existing keys. He was so adamant that I needed to buy the whole kit with the keys and they need to be programmed or my truck will not start at all lol. I can't wait for my parts to show up so I can add the XBM code already. Can this be done ahead of time btw?

Thanks, Ed

Yes. You can add the latch, add the new key overlays beforehand.

13BTOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes. You can add the latch, add the new key overlays beforehand.

I'm sorry, I was not clear. I meant can I add the XBM code already while I wait for my hood latch to come in?

Thanks, Ed

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'm sorry, I was not clear. I meant can I add the XBM code already while I wait for my hood latch to come in?

Thanks, Ed

Yes

JimmyJam26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Guys I need some help I followed the 1st post and wired everything up went to the dealer for the update and nothing is happening no horn beeps and no lights flashing. I am thinking that the update did not take??
Any suggestions before I go back to the dealer and give them a hard time

Thanks guys

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Guys I need some help I followed the 1st post and wired everything up went to the dealer for the update and nothing is happening no horn beeps and no lights flashing. I am thinking that the update did not take??
Any suggestions before I go back to the dealer and give them a hard time

Thanks guys

It's possible that the sales code didn't take.

What year is your truck?

Flatblack79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot i ever posted here.

Sales code added September 13.
Double click start on fob, dash lights up but nothing else. No Door Lock, No horn beep
Connector with two wires was taped up on core support harness next to hood latch. Plugs into the hood latch i purchased. Mopar #82215050

I should add that after the dealer added the code i have options in my uconnect settings for the remote start feature that wasnt there before.

Im planning on getting Alpha after the holidays to do a few things so ill try reinstalling the sale code to see if it didnt take at the dealer.

Update on this. I got AlphaOBD and checked that all sales codes were installed - they were.
I uninstalled and reinstalled, tested and remote start still wouldnt work.
I ran a diagnostic log to check the hood ajar was getting signal - it was.
Got pin from dealer and reflashed the keys - remote start works.

Moral of story, dont flash the keys before adding the remote start code to truck. If you do, reflash the keys.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Update on this. I got AlphaOBD and checked that all sales codes were installed - they were.
I uninstalled and reinstalled, tested and remote start still wouldnt work.
I ran a diagnostic log to check the hood ajar was getting signal - it was.
Got pin from dealer and reflashed the keys - remote start works.

Moral of story, dont flash the keys before adding the remote start code to truck. If you do, reflash the keys.

You shouldn't have been able to "flash" the keys twice. Once programmed to a vehicle they can't be reprogrammed. I bought the remote start kit and programmed the keys first. Sounds like the rf hub just needed to be reflashed

13BTOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At the dealer now having the XBM code added. They asked if the key I gave them was a new Fob. I said no It's the original. They should not have to do anything to my key if I just switched out the ovetlays right?
Thanks, Ed

13BTOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Should I specify for them not to program my key? I'm not sure if it will cause an issue.

Thanks

13BTOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just left the dealer. No remote start after the update. I'm guessing the harness that was taped up on the rad support is not live. Look's like I'll be pinning 5 and 6. I'll update once I do so.

13BTOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm at complete loss. I just traced the 2 wires coming from hood latch harness that was taped up to the rad support and It's pinned at the 5 and 6 connector under the PDC? Any ideas?

Thanks, Ed