How to add remote start to 2017 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you think those will actually ship immediately? I guess I misunderstood since it says It says 'Automotive Connectors NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH MOUSER'. I'll order a few and see what happens. Thanks
I've got them on the way. They shipped fast. The USPS is the only hangup I've had. They got to the local post office but instead of coming to me they sent them up to Rhode Island. Waiting for them to get sent back down to me. ‍

Last edited:

sscamaro1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is anyone able to make and sell me a harness from the hood latch to the connector under the fuse box..

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
is anyone able to make and sell me a harness from the hood latch to the connector under the fuse box..
M2Mods here on the forum makes them. He's on vacation until early January though. (The 6th, I think, but don't quote me)

-K

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don’t have that, I’m guessing you also don’t have an RF hub capable of adding remote start, you might be best off buying one of the Mopar kits with the hood latch, the harness all the way to the BCM, the RF hub, and 2 remotes. Just a thought.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If you don’t have that, I’m guessing you also don’t have an RF hub capable of adding remote start, you might be best off buying one of the Mopar kits with the hood latch, the harness all the way to the BCM, the RF hub, and 2 remotes. Just a thought.
Actually, it's been discovered that all '14+ RF hubs have the ability, just need the hood latch, harness and new rubber skins for the existing keyfobs. You don't get quite as much range due to the lack of the extra antenna, that's all. It's all detailed further up in this thread.

-K

sscamaro1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have the wire from under the fuse box to the BCM. i just dont have the hood latch wires. if i dont come up with something, ill get ahold of M2mods next week and see if he can do anything. Mike supplied all the stuff for my 8.4 swap..

Yani13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you don't care about the hood...
All you need to do is add a pin into number 11 and ground it to a bolt, I use the bolt that is beside the parking brake pedal you need about 16 in of wire..
Then, change your fob cases so they have the remote start button.
Use Alfa to set codes, reset RF hub.. drive the truck above 10kph and done.
I can add remote start to any 13 plus 4th gen in about 10 minutes flat start to finish.
And I have done over 35 trucks now every engine except for 6.4.. they all work the same.
And you can do it all for a boat 20 bucks in parts

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I have a 2021 1500 I got the latch and key fob from the dealer I installed. Had the dealer enable my remote start and it did t work. Now they want to charge me 2hr labor to see why it doesn’t work. And suggestion?

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I did this job, I plugged the wire from the hood latch into the wrong pin under the dash. It would be worth double-checking that before you pay the dealership for their labor.

Do you have any messages in the evic when you try the remote? Maybe something about the hood being open?

rchm1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
If you don't care about the hood...
All you need to do is add a pin into number 11 and ground it to a bolt, I use the bolt that is beside the parking brake pedal you need about 16 in of wire..
Then, change your fob cases so they have the remote start button.
Use Alfa to set codes, reset RF hub.. drive the truck above 10kph and done.
I can add remote start to any 13 plus 4th gen in about 10 minutes flat start to finish.
And I have done over 35 trucks now every engine except for 6.4.. they all work the same.
And you can do it all for a boat 20 bucks in parts

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Dumb question why not the 6.4?