How to: Bed Tie Downs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mainuh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great video and great mod for the truck! I ordered these from Amazon:
Dee Zee DZ97913 Cargo Tie Down Anchor 250 lb. Limit

But the "nutserts" are not pictured with it and not mentioned in the description. Did you have to buy those separately? Thanks

OP
OP
Waterfowler41

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great video and great mod for the truck! I ordered these from Amazon:
Dee Zee DZ97913 Cargo Tie Down Anchor 250 lb. Limit

But the "nutserts" are not pictured with it and not mentioned in the description. Did you have to buy those separately? Thanks

Nope they come in the kit

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks for the great video

Mainuh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is a GREAT and easy MOD and I appreciate your efforts to share it. After installing my own after watching this video, I would offer one word of caution. My truck had the RAM spray in bedliner and I had to clean out the factory holes as suggested in the video. The nutserts included have sort of a hex shape on the insert part. Be very careful not to enlarge the holes too much. The nutsert should fit in very snugly. If loose at all, it will spin while trying to seat it and it won't seat properly (ask me how I know). On one hole, I trashed 4 nutserts and had to purchase additional ones. The replacements I bought (M6) were round with ribbed sides that grabbed the truck wall nicely. I added 2 on each side on the factory holes over the wheel wells. Thanks again Waterfowler41 for a useful MOD.

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
never knew my truck had them til the vid, thanks lol. no need to install now. lol great vid

RBJRBJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8 MDS VVT eTorque Engine
If anyone wants to add cleats to RAM’s inside bed rails (whether steel colored or, black rails) cleats designed for and sold on Amazon for the Toyota Tacoma or Tundra fit perfectly. So, you can add as many cleats as wanted in addition to the four cleats provided by FCA. On Amazon search for:
PFCC PT278-35112 Bed Cleat for 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma and Tundra (2)

PFCC Replacement for Mini Tie-Down with Hooks Tacoma & Tundra PT278-35075 - 4PCS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dyadeta