How to change Transfer Case Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
That stuff is thinner than motor oil and comes out in a hurry. I overshot the drain pan the first time I changed it.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted to first do the trans and rear dif because of the beating it’s taken since the blower install.I only have 5500 miles on it and I honestly would of done transfer and front dif too but to soften the blow to the credit card.I need to do it for at least break in purposes.Any way I’m looking forward to seeing if the new packages will eliminate the need for the pump,or I will go back to their optional 1 gal which is a little cheaper
I want to add that I decided to get the OE Mopar trans pan from KLM for $210 the aftermarket pans got bad reviews so it’s back to the non replaceable filter setup
image.jpg

Last edited:

Tom8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck has 72k. First time draining the t-case. Wow the oil is dark. Should have done it way way earlier. Replaced with atf+4 Vavoline. Not bw44-44 but compatible. Didn’t want to spend triple the money for Mopar bw44-44. Heard and read it should work just fine.

Did the front and rear diff. Oil wasnt too bad. Doesn’t look nearly as bad as t-case. Although this oil stunk.
Did all three oil replacement in 1.5 hours. Easy. Will be doing the t-case more often now.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963