How To Disconnect ANC at Amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have had a terrible time with the ANC system. After 2 trips to the dealer STAR has no clue on it after they replaced the amp. I inquired about disabling the system. STAR didn’t even know if it was possible. STAR want the vehicle to run some scans, but since it was not a drivability issue they would not pay for a loaner.

I didn’t want to fool with dropping the headliner and disconnecting the mics. So I obtained a wiring diagram for all stereo units. All the ANC mics used the same color across all units.

I have the 8.4 Base.

Locate Amp under driver seat. Move seat all the way forward and all the way up to have room to work.
3e2322f73747d67dddaf1f77eed71db2.jpg

Disconnect the signal out harness, on mine the large white one. Closest to the rear of vehicle on amp.
ed2103bc3536df468833d502192e2cf7.jpg
(Note take picture of wire orientation Incase you want to reconnect later)

On the underside of the connector is a long flat pin locking mechanism, pry that up on the middle insert to release pin locks.
872c0ac8a8f3e6c13e202270f67fe0e3.jpg
It raises maybe an 1/8th”
7b91c7899e4bda95e8f4dbe51ad3d45e.jpg
bf0cddaaf6e09afadd20d2f53dc69d9d.jpg

All my Mic wires were the 4 sets on the left of the connector.
Looking at the harness the ANC wire colors are (Main color/ Stripe Color)
Mic 1- Brown/Orange + | Brown/Violet -
Mic 2- Brown/White + | Brown/Grey -
Mic 3- Orange/Dark Blue + | Orange Dark Green -
Mic 4- Orange/Green + | Orange Blue -

Once wires are located looking in the connector you will see a white tab at the top of each pin hole
3b3254e49164126fffa12f79dca78ff9.jpg
Use a small screw driver, pick tool, or (what I used) a paper clip to slide the tab up. The wire pin will slide out.

Once all pins are out reconnect the connector to the amp, and test all systems to make sure function properly.

Your ANC will now be disconnected.

*** PERFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK***
I am not responsible for any mishaps or damage you may cause by performing this procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Is there a thread on anc problems..what trouble is it causing. I recently bought a new laramie. am curious about this

Scott2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great write up,I just hope a lot of people don’t need it.

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a thread on anc problems..what trouble is it causing. I recently bought a new laramie. am curious about this

At highway speed cruising the ANC was going crazy I was getting over powering bass that would vibrate the cab. They replaced the amp to no avail.

There is a thread in General titled with Noise that out lines it.

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great write up,I just hope a lot of people don’t need it.

I was having issues on trips with it between 55 and 75 mph. I just did a muffler swap and plan on adding an after market stereo so this system will just get in the way.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
At highway speed cruising the ANC was going crazy I was getting over powering bass that would vibrate the cab. They replaced the amp to no avail.

There is a thread in General titled with Noise that out lines it.

thanx

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
wow I had this issue that last cpl. days on a trip. I guess I will try the fix in the write-up. I got a headache inducing droning sound at certain speeds. why not just pull the fuse on it. does that amp power some other stuff too?

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow I had this issue that last cpl. days on a trip. I guess I will try the fix in the write-up. I got a headache inducing droning sound at certain speeds. why not just pull the fuse on it. does that amp power some other stuff too?

I looked into that. The fuses also connect with other radio operations.

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just FYI my base speakers have improved greatly in sound especially cruising on trips.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Just FYI my base speakers have improved greatly in sound especially cruising on trips.

I plan to do that fix this weekend and I was wondering are those wires dead after you pull them out and I can just bundle them up or do they each need to be capped and wrapped and tied away so they dont contact anything

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plan to do that fix this weekend and I was wondering are those wires dead after you pull them out and I can just bundle them up or do they each need to be capped and wrapped and tied away so they dont contact anything

They are dead once removed from the harness they receive power and signal from the amp. You can cap or bundle. I just wrapped them back on the wire bundle with a zip tie.

If you don’t mind post a pick of the harness and wire location before depining to this thread.

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wonder if this would improve the sound quality of the HK system

It more than likely will. Most say the overall sound is muddled sound, which may be from the ANC adding bass tones to cancel out other cab sound frequencies from things like the exhaust.

My base speakers did have a more noticeable clarity. They still suck, but that’s why I got the base knowing I would redo all of it.

You can try it and if you don’t like the change just put the pins back in the harness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I unplugged mine yesterday. where can one go to download a diagram of this wiring in the event that I feel the need to plug them back in. I took the best pic I could before but it is hard to make out exactly where some wires go because some of the colors look the same in the pic.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I unplugged mine yesterday. where can one go to download a diagram of this wiring in the event that I feel the need to plug them back in. I took the best pic I could before but it is hard to make out exactly where some wires go because some of the colors look the same in the pic.
Do you have the HK system and do you notice any sounds difference in your speakers

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have factory diagrams for all systems, however they don’t show pin orientation.

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the HK system and do you notice any sounds difference in your speakers

I will guess and say it will clear the system up if you do it (you can always reverse it). My sound was almost muffled sounding from the ANC. Once I disconnected the sound had a more noticeable clarity to it.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl

I have only been on a cpl. short trips around town since pulling wires so have not really noticed any difference in sound. I will post after a little highway driving. my truck has the Alpine 9 spkr system. it sounded pretty good except for that droning sound around 65-70. the next issue I need to work out is the nav screen reverts to 400' scale after a few seconds no matter what scale I set it to.

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
So I have had a terrible time with the ANC system. After 2 trips to the dealer STAR has no clue on it after they replaced the amp. I inquired about disabling the system. STAR didn’t even know if it was possible. STAR want the vehicle to run some scans, but since it was not a drivability issue they would not pay for a loaner.

I didn’t want to fool with dropping the headliner and disconnecting the mics. So I obtained a wiring diagram for all stereo units. All the ANC mics used the same color across all units.

I have the 8.4 Base.

Locate Amp under driver seat. Move seat all the way forward and all the way up to have room to work.
3e2322f73747d67dddaf1f77eed71db2.jpg

Disconnect the signal out harness, on mine the large white one. Closest to the rear of vehicle on amp.
ed2103bc3536df468833d502192e2cf7.jpg
(Note take picture of wire orientation Incase you want to reconnect later)

On the underside of the connector is a long flat pin locking mechanism, pry that up on the middle insert to release pin locks.
872c0ac8a8f3e6c13e202270f67fe0e3.jpg
It raises maybe an 1/8th”
7b91c7899e4bda95e8f4dbe51ad3d45e.jpg
bf0cddaaf6e09afadd20d2f53dc69d9d.jpg

All my Mic wires were the 4 sets on the left of the connector.
Looking at the harness the ANC wire colors are (Main color/ Stripe Color)
Mic 1- Brown/Orange + | Brown/Violet -
Mic 2- Brown/White + | Brown/Grey -
Mic 3- Orange/Dark Blue + | Orange Dark Green -
Mic 4- Orange/Green + | Orange Blue -

Once wires are located looking in the connector you will see a white tab at the top of each pin hole
3b3254e49164126fffa12f79dca78ff9.jpg
Use a small screw driver, pick tool, or (what I used) a paper clip to slide the tab up. The wire pin will slide out.

Once all pins are out reconnect the connector to the amp, and test all systems to make sure function properly.

Your ANC will now be disconnected.

*** PERFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK***
I am not responsible for any mishaps or damage you may cause by performing this procedure.