How To Disconnect ANC at Amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I had this same issue after having a subwoofer installed. Had mine disconnected and now voice control doesn’t work and no one can hear me while on phone calls. Have you had this problem and if so did you fix it while still having ANC disconnected?

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this same issue after having a subwoofer installed. Had mine disconnected and now voice control doesn’t work and no one can hear me while on phone calls. Have you had this problem and if so did you fix it while still having ANC disconnected?

No problem with any voice controls. Everything works as normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyO007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had the same issue after installing Subs I unplugged the mics and sounds much better but I also lost voice control
Just to take a shot I plugged in 1 mic and regained voice controls and radio still sounds good no Strange ANC noise and subs sound great

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I ended up doing the same thing, except I plugged two mics back up. One over driver other over passenger. No problems since

kon5t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wow I had this issue that last cpl. days on a trip. I guess I will try the fix in the write-up. I got a headache inducing droning sound at certain speeds. why not just pull the fuse on it. does that amp power some other stuff too?
So I have had a terrible time with the ANC system. After 2 trips to the dealer STAR has no clue on it after they replaced the amp. I inquired about disabling the system. STAR didn’t even know if it was possible. STAR want the vehicle to run some scans, but since it was not a drivability issue they would not pay for a loaner.

I didn’t want to fool with dropping the headliner and disconnecting the mics. So I obtained a wiring diagram for all stereo units. All the ANC mics used the same color across all units.

I have the 8.4 Base.

Locate Amp under driver seat. Move seat all the way forward and all the way up to have room to work.
//snip//

This worked perfectly thank you!

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I had this problem, I pulled the mics down from the headliner and disconnected them all. Later my voice couldn’t be heard on phone or voicce command so I reconnected the two smaller mics, one over driver one over passenger seats

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I had this problem, I pulled the mics down from the headliner and disconnected them all. Later my voice couldn’t be heard on phone or voicce command so I reconnected the two smaller mics, one over driver one over passenger seats

do you remember what color the wires were that you reconnected. I disconnected all mine at the amp and if I have to reconnect, I wont know which ones are for over the driver or front passenger.
thanx

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
They were plug and play, pull down one of the mics from the headliner and you’ll see what I’m describing. I heard about disconnecting at the amp but thought I don’t know what runs to what, it’s easier just to disconnect the mic in the headliner and stick it back in it’s place. Plus I can reconnect them easy whenever I feel like it.

kon5t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They were plug and play, pull down one of the mics from the headliner and you’ll see what I’m describing. I heard about disconnecting at the amp but thought I don’t know what runs to what, it’s easier just to disconnect the mic in the headliner and stick it back in it’s place. Plus I can reconnect them easy whenever I feel like it.

Disconnecting at the amp is deceptively easy, you just pull the pins out, all the connections are the first 8 connectors on one side of the plug. check this thread for pix,https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-disconnect-anc-at-amp.126462/

I pusdhed the white tabs in with a pic, the connectors almost fell out....

Max Limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Deshantai

Did you have to lower the headliner to remove the mics or do they just pull out of the headliner?

Thanks for any update.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Disconnecting at the amp is deceptively easy, you just pull the pins out, all the connections are the first 8 connectors on one side of the plug. check this thread for pix,https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-disconnect-anc-at-amp.126462/

I pusdhed the white tabs in with a pic, the connectors almost fell out....

I disconnected mine at the amp. I was worried that my hands free phone system would not work right as mentioned here by some but tested yesterday and all is good. so unplugging from amp under seat seems to be the easiest way to disable the ANC

Max Limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The speakers do just pop out but how do you disconnect them? Do you have to cut the wires?

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
No if you pull them out a little you’ll see the quick connect attachment.

Max Limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the reply.
I looked and do not see a quick disconnect. I will look again.
Do you have a picture?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigr5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have factory diagrams for all systems, however they don’t show pin orientation.

do you have colors polarity for audio inputs/outputs?

OP
OP
K

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seemed to misplace the diagrams. They were printouts from the dealer. I knew I should have scanned them to my computer. When I locate them I will upload them.