How To DIY Fold Flat Floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
clifford15

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Clifford. Sorry to be one of the 1,000s that have asked you to send an email. But I absolutely need these plans. Thank you in advance
Email sent .
Glad to keep this thread going

Eckhard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Clifford15, that's a great design u got there. I would love a copy of you design. PLs check your PM's for my email address.

Thanks

rymndharrington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my RAM 3500 Crew Cab a month ago and wanted to make the rear passenger compartment a little more user friendly for a pet carrier. A fold flat floor seemed like a good solution and a nice DIY project. Seeing a few online I took the plunge and got it done for $75 and some labor. I had some black vinyl from a previous project and black latex paint that is not included in the final cost. All parts came from Home Depot. The drawing shows part numbers and store location for my near by store so I would not have to search for the parts.

Here are some photos and a JPG of the AutoCad drawing.

The drawing. I have a PDF file but can't put it on Photo Bucket. The little strip at the back will have a couple of sheet metal brackets to fasten to the rear seat bolts. Right now i put strips of hook Velcro to keep it from moving around.
View attachment 346637

Floor stored with seat down.
View attachment 346638

Seat up with support leg folded.
View attachment 346639

Seat up with support leg up.
View attachment 346640

Lifted to access under seat storage.
View attachment 346641

Fold Flat Floor deployed.
View attachment 346642

rymndharrington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my RAM 3500 Crew Cab a month ago and wanted to make the rear passenger compartment a little more user friendly for a pet carrier. A fold flat floor seemed like a good solution and a nice DIY project. Seeing a few online I took the plunge and got it done for $75 and some labor. I had some black vinyl from a previous project and black latex paint that is not included in the final cost. All parts came from Home Depot. The drawing shows part numbers and store location for my near by store so I would not have to search for the parts.

Here are some photos and a JPG of the AutoCad drawing.

The drawing. I have a PDF file but can't put it on Photo Bucket. The little strip at the back will have a couple of sheet metal brackets to fasten to the rear seat bolts. Right now i put strips of hook Velcro to keep it from moving around.
View attachment 346637

Floor stored with seat down.
View attachment 346638

Seat up with support leg folded.
View attachment 346639

Seat up with support leg up.
View attachment 346640

Lifted to access under seat storage.
View attachment 346641

Fold Flat Floor deployed.
View attachment 346642

rymndharrington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sir, is it possible for you to send me the PDF of the cad file so that I can make one for my truck. This is an awesome design. I run a dog rescue and this would greatly help with the transports of my pups to and from vet appointments and to their new families. Thank you and God bless.

OP
OP
clifford15

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Sir, is it possible for you to send me the PDF of the cad file so that I can make one for my truck. This is an awesome design. I run a dog rescue and this would greatly help with the transports of my pups to and from vet appointments and to their new families. Thank you and God bless.
Pls PM your email and I will send the zip file.

trentmcgrents

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
@clifford15 - can't believe people are still here asking for the detail 7 years after your first post. I found this thread googling and would love the PDF info please! Will PM my email.