How to fix computer for tire changing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hmmm... a couple hundred bucks just to reprogram for tire size.... that's a hard sell. lol
Gotta be something easier for those of us who don't want to mess with a bunch of the settings, but install larger tires.
Alpha obd is less

OP
OP
Tinman454

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well finally something good to post up about . Got my AEV pro cal snap and went to put it in last night. If you have small children this is the perfect job for them lol as the hardest part is getting up under to plug in the wire harness. Everything works well and no lights or any other issues. If any of you guys have questions let me know happy to answer any questions you might have. Also thanks for all the help and advice from you guys.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Trying to go off memory for what I did to reset the TPMS threshholds.
Hold the Back button on the left side of the steering wheel while pressing the Cancel button on the right. When you get to the TPMS setting, press the Cruise On/Off button while holding the Back button. That will get you into the TPMS settings. Once in the settings, adjust the TPMS numbers to what you want. Front and Back pressures are two different settings. When the number is where you want it, press the On/Off button to lock it in. After you move through the settings, they recommend that you reboot the system.

It took me a couple of tries to get it to stick when I adjusted the pressures on my 21, but it does work. And no, I didn't need the PIN from the dealer.
What programmer were you using with this method please.