How To: Full Mopar Skid Plate Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
(Long time lurker, first time poster).

I know this is a three year old thread but just wanted to say thanks to bryce88 for putting it together. I also wanted to say thanks to Benny and AllMoparParts.com -- Mopar proper doesn't sell two of these in the kits anymore but they do a great job of assembling everything in their 'in-house kits' that made ordering easy AND cheap (Grand Total $213.58). Here's the three I bought for my 2015 BigHorn 5.7:
- Genuine Mopar Skid Plate Kit Front Axle & Transfer Case Part Number: RAM1500FRSKIDPLATEKIT
- 2015 Ram 1500 DS Genuine Mopar Skid Plate Electric Power Steering Kit Part Number: RAMPSSKIDPLT
- Genuine Mopar Skid Plate Kit Front Axle & Transfer Case & Crossmember (Mopar) Part Number: 82214497)

And if you're OCD like me and don't trust yourself to tighten Rivnuts by feel, Mopar indicated they should be torqued to 25 Nm/18.439 ft-lbs or "3.5 turns +/- .25 turns"

Nice! Thanks for posting this. Going to order these for my RAM.