How to Identify the year of my cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9HO
Hey, I recently purchased a 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 w/NV5600 Trans 2wd & am trying to identify if the engine matches the year of the truck. Am in central western TN & have not been able to find a helpful cummins dealer yet. I understand that the way to identify the yr of the engine is by the s/n for the engine on the front cover, if so this is the best pic I can get of it for now. Any help what soever would be greatly appreciated & where I might be able to get a parts catalog or such for it. Thanks in advance for everybody's help. Hopefully this is in the right spot.

Attachments

• 02 Dodge 3500 24 Valve Cummins ID Plate.jpg
    02 Dodge 3500 24 Valve Cummins ID Plate.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
on a Cummins Turbo Diesel Register site
someone typed:
The Engine Serial Number is stamped on the right side of the the engine near the oil filter pad if I remember correctly.

This site seems to have a load of information about your truck

it covers your 2002 also

OP
OP
TNDually

TNDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9HO
With the exception that there is NO S/N in that area on the block as by checked by myself & 2 other diesel mechanics. I DO appreciate the help & the link