Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by DeereGuy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. crash68

crash68 ACME product engineer

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    Do you happen to have the part # for the media hub you used and do you think the original hub will fit back in covering up any trimming that was done?

2. FizzikalJ

FizzikalJ Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0L EcoDiesel
    Yes. It was very minimal trimming on the actual hole itself. The stock hub still fits, as I tried it before installing the updated 200 hub.

The part number for the media hub is 68283703AA

I ordered it from Benny at AllMoparParts. Hit him up and he can help you save a few $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Austen

Austen Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    I took my RA4 back out of my '16 G56 & put my UAQ back in WITHOUT any Customtronix harnesses or anything aftermarket. Unfortunately for whatever reason both my backup & cargo camera still have flickering horizontal lines running across the screen I have no idea why it would act like there is still interference?! I know no one will probably be able to see it in the photo because it's hard to pick up on camera but I'm out of ideas..[​IMG]

'16 CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC

4. PdPuNOme

PdPuNOme Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:

are either of them added on or came stock? i would think you have a bad ground within series or a broken power wire somewhere along the line that is causing the interference.

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  5. Austen

Austen Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    I will check for any wiring issues tonight behind the radio for anything obvious. The backup camera and cargo camera were stock and installed from the factory. It's been so long since I've had the RA3 in place that came from the factory but I know I never had the lines with the factory RA3. Only noticed them when I had either of the Customtronix harnesses and front camera installed and RCA splitter plugged into cargo cam rca input in order to be able to switch between my cargo camera and front camera. Since then any and all Customtronix or aftermarket harnesses have been removed and I still have the lines on both backup and cargo camera screens.

'16 CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC

6. autumnwalker

autumnwalker Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Just found a 2017 Chrysler 200 media hub from a salvage yard! Will get it in the next few days and post some pics.

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  7. elinventorcito

elinventorcito Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    in you head unit go to app in the setting you can try and activate the wireless hotspot in the process att will display the original donor vin number just need to be quick enough to screen shot the vin, that how i got mine

SitKneelBend likes this.
  8. ManualCummins

ManualCummins Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins 6.7
    G56 back camera problem solve a lot of work involved but I viable solution has been a tamed

12A05D11-EE02-448D-B531-50E6D5062340.png

SitKneelBend, CoZo6 and likes2build like this.
  9. BeardedContractor

BeardedContractor Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    CTD
    Where did you get your radio from?

10. SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar
    I got around to making the radio much cooler by applying a simple fix. I installed new thermal pads inside the unit by just cutting to the same size as the factory pads.

Factory pads...

[​IMG]

I have no means of accurately measuring the temperature but the radio is quite noticeably cooler after applying new thermal material to transfer heat from the chips to the case. The radio has gone from hot/almost too hot to touch to cool/ambient temperature after normal prolonged operation.

I'll be inspecting the new thermal material the next time I open it up to ensure it is making good contact. It appears to be the same thickness as the factory thermal material though...

Pink = Factory
    Blue = Arctic thermal pad.

[​IMG]

I probably only used 1/3 of the thermal material I purchased.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-The...-/401109922295?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2 likes this.