How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Mpgrimm said the error is normal with the newer software. It’s nothing that effects performance. I just click ok and it goes away
Normal somewhat. I think "common" is a better description. For me, I was able to eliminate it by turning off USB debugging in Android settings but mine occurred with USB connection. I wonder if there is a similar setting you could try? Are you using an Android device for Bluetooth?

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Normal somewhat. I think "common" is a better description. For me, I was able to eliminate it by turning off USB debugging in Android settings but mine occurred with USB connection. I wonder if there is a similar setting you could try? Are you using an Android device for Bluetooth?
Common might of been what he said lol. I have iPhone so there's no debugging that I know of. I haven't had much of a chance to really mess with everything yet so I'll report back when I do to see if I can get rid of it.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Common might of been what he said lol. I have iPhone so there's no debugging that I know of. I haven't had much of a chance to really mess with everything yet so I'll report back when I do to see if I can get rid of it.
Even more interesting. I'm not as familiar with IOS but I wonder if there is some kind of Bluetooth setting that is user accessible? Does IOS let you modify Bluetooth version used?

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Mpgrimm said the error is normal with the newer software. It’s nothing that effects performance. I just click ok and it goes away
That maybe so but when you spend all that time and money to get an error message everytime you start the truck, it's leaves a bad taste. Especially when someone else in the tuck asks about it. I had the ***** of it the first day. Unfortunately there is no software updates yet. Hopefully the next update solves it. But been waiting for an update since spring.

Earl

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That maybe so but when you spend all that time and money to get an error message everytime you start the truck, it's leaves a bad taste. Especially when someone else in the tuck asks about it. I had the ***** of it the first day. Unfortunately there is no software updates yet. Hopefully the next update solves it. But been waiting for an update since spring.

Earl
Does yours do it if you turn off Bluetooth on your phone?

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Humor me...
It does it with no Bluetooth, no USB connection. Phones no where near the truck. Phones paired or not. Like I said, it's not a phone issue, Android or Apple. The only way I can get it to go away is to unplug the hub. It's done it since I first powered it up. Brand new UAQ from Ram for Ram with 34.2 software. Radio manufacturer date of March 2021. 68331631AL. Installed April of 2021. 68328704AD hub. That's as much as I can humor you.

Earl

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
It does it with no Bluetooth, no USB connection. Phones no where near the truck. Phones paired or not. Like I said, it's not a phone issue, Android or Apple. The only way I can get it to go away is to unplug the hub. It's done it since I first powered it up. Brand new UAQ from Ram for Ram with 34.2 software. Radio manufacturer date of March 2021. 68331631AL. Installed April of 2021. 68328704AD hub. That's as much as I can humor you.

Earl
Unfortunately, v22.6 was the last publicly released version for Ram, but I've seen sw update on UAQ's from customers that got their radio repaired by United Radio with v39.6 without any issues.
The closest newer version to that I've seen shared is in @ClearlyStabile 's Alternative Fw thread which has v39.5 you could try (at your own risk) or possibly the Chrysler 200 Style Dual USB Hub linked in post 5 which may work better on that fw.

Last edited: